Need a Nintendo NES

KO

The original Nintendo, you know, duck hunt/Mario Bros. We're making one of our rooms (guest room) in our new house an "80's" room, themed out with 80's stuff and I've got quite a few nintendo games but no console/controllers/etc. It's coming along pretty good, got the big hair band posters here and there as well as some 80's movie posters, garbage pale kids cards on the dresser, transformer pillows on the bed, He-Man lunch kit on stand by. My wife wanted to kill me at first but now she's starting to think it's pretty cool. I've gotten most of the items off of e-bay but I thought one of you may have a nintendo setting around collecting dust, if it works and you'd like to get rid of it message me and let me know how much.

http://www.beau-coup.com/Images/nintendo-nes-box.jpg

i have one but i still play it all the time:). ive got about 150 games for it and most still work ;) im a nintendo nut of sorts, i have all of them except the wii(too much money still)

80s themed room sounds really cool. They used to sell nes stuff at game stop or electronics boutique stores. I think the refurbished ones were 15. they used to carry the 90s version of it as well that was smaller but used the same games and controllers.

if you get one that doesnt work well the socket inside the NES is replacable and you can get them on ebay for a couple bucks.

Pretty darn sweet Car6on. I appreciate you checking on that Ekstatixx. Thanks for all the feedback, I checked craigslist and it's a no go in East,Tx. not to mention we don't have any gaming stores worth a flip in the area. I like alot of the sports games from back then, I still remember when my little brother was 7 years old and he took Tyson down on Punch Out before any of us, kids from around the neighborhood would gather around just to watch, lol. I will post a pic up later, it's in the very early stages as we just moved in here a few months ago but it's getting there.

The very few things that I got going so far:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/txvan33/DSC01860.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/txvan33/DSC01857.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/txvan33/DSC01856.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/txvan33/DSC01855.jpg

very cool

when i got my nes when i was a kid i actually got the version with the robot gyro. the only game i had that it would play is gyromite but that thing was cool:)

i also had the power glove, the IR space pad thing. the max controller and the big joystick. i even remember the little add on clip for the regular controller so it had a joystick.

you need to find a power pad:)

I love old game systems! I have them all. Nearly all games too.

Looking for MEGAMAN, DUCK TALES games for NES though...and Final Fantasy..

Any SNES Final Fantasy..EarthBound..Chrono Trigger.. Mario RPG...

Willing to buy if anyone has any. PM me.

You can get the new 64 pin NES deck connector for about $8 from www.nintendorepairshop.com or something like that. It's pretty easy to do.

I ended up selling my NES deck and got one of the off-brand ones that plays both 8-bit NES and 16-bit SNES games. It's a top loader and was actually a bit cheaper than the working NES decks on ebay. Just a thought. It's called FC TWIN. I've had no problems with mine and it will look just fine in your 80s room. No more blowing air on the the games and inside the door to stop the blinking light.

I love old game systems! I have them all. Nearly all games too.

Looking for MEGAMAN, DUCK TALES games for NES though...and Final Fantasy..

Any SNES Final Fantasy..EarthBound..Chrono Trigger.. Mario RPG...

Willing to buy if anyone has any. PM me.

i have ducktails, i think final fantasy and megaman 4. but sorry not for sale. i love playing ducktales.

ko, that website is sweet, thanks for the link. Years ago i used to run nesticle nes emulator but having it on the real this is better.

Edited by shift1313

oh yeah i remember seeing a site not to long ago with all the things people were doing with old nes controllers. making everything with like digi cameras, mice for the computer, belt bucklets, garage door openers. One guy made it a wireless controller for his computer i think.

oh yeah at one point i had the 4 player break out things and i had the wireless controller that you had to be within 10ft of the sensor and pointing the controller right at:) those were the days.

Hey keith, I have an original NES still in the original box with all the palstic and everything. I also have the gun in the original box, never used, along with seven or so games all in the original boxes with all the instructions, including Zelda with the map. I'll trade them all for your car. ;) :P Edited by MidNiteRide89

LOL it's a deal! Thanks for the tip mstieg but I got to go vintage, lol. I told my wife I want it to look like you actually walked right back into the 80's when you are in the room. I'm going to check Game Stop, I'm pretty sure we have one in the mall.

LOL it's a deal! Thanks for the tip mstieg but I got to go vintage, lol. I told my wife I want it to look like you actually walked right back into the 80's when you are in the room. I'm going to check Game Stop, I'm pretty sure we have one in the mall.

i wouldnt buy the games from them but the nes units are cheap if they have them. they still charge $5 -$10 for the games, crazy!

• 2 weeks later...

KO, i watched history of the vid game the other day and they had thousands of the nes robots lined up in a factory kind of like i robot, it was cool.

also saw this today and thought you would get a kick out of it. i would love to have this room

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/07/super_ma...pe_art_inst.php

That is a cool room, would be an awesome kid's room! They did a very good job on it. I just got my Breakfast Club poster in yesterday, LOL. Also, I found a buddy who told me he has 2-3 nintendos laying around so hopefully he digs one up for me.