Paint dilemma

Hey everyone,

I'm soon to get my first Conquest from Jonathon, not too long from now. And its in need of paint before it begins its life in Florida.

My current dilemma is between either fiji blue or the copper that they paint the new dodge chargers and daytona trucks.

The car's black now, and I like that, but, Florida is hot...and I don't think the black leather interior would be that forgiving, so...I'm going to take advantage of the black engine bay, and just change the color of the rest of the car.

I love the fiji blue, but, it seems a lot of people are painting their cars that color, and I'd like to be a little different. And I love that copper, but, its not a starquest factory color...and I would hate to do that, but, it would probably be one of not many that color. However, either way, I'm changing the color anyway, so its not factory. But, I have no idea, so, please help me out here. Very hard decision. :unsure:

Any suggestions from the two colors I would highly appreciate. I need to get the paint soon, kind of in a time constraint before I leave, so....

thanks in advance. :character0285:

Edited by strang3majik

If I might.... please dont paint it a different color if you dont plan on doing the sills and engine bay. No matter how nice the paint ends up or cool the color, it always looks half-a**ed if the engine bay/sills dont match.

with the engine bay being black, it won't be too bad, but make sure to paint the door jambs, and the seal/lip area around the hatch (to make it look it's best)

The gomango orange/copper color on the Daytona model Chargers and Rams is nice (Fiji is too, but I've seen a lot pop out of the woodwork in the past 3 years). I'd vote either the gomango, or possibly a white, white ALWAYS looks good on these cars.

another thing, the gomango orange, isn't a very light color, it's dark as well, so it will absorb some heat (I have a 1/5 scale clay model painted this color) so if you want the car to stay "cooler" inside, White or silver will reflect the most heat, and I'd vote for the white.

the sills will be painted, the trunk, and every jam i can get too(sunroof included)...just not the engine bay...which a lot of cars, minus chrysler, left black...

and it won't be a half @** job, that stuff drives me nuts, and I wouldn't even want to drive it like that. Its just too much to pull the engine and paint the engine bay, and it won't look that bad anyway.

Then again...as you said, that go mango is hot too...and no offense, but white is not my top pick....so I may just have to weather the heat.

Now I've got myh self even considering black again.....this sux.....lol

so fiji is out....now I'm with gomango and black......more opinions please. :confused0024:

This is an idea I did for Burton, but it might give you some ideas, if your gonna go with the gomango, might as well give it a "Mopar" theme

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10030/ACR-Starion.jpg

i don't know if I'd get that creative, but that is pretty BA...i must admit. good work on that picture!

going mango on this car...the choice is made...after some talking with people, sorry Boost

different...good looking...and will compliment all the black trim on these cars. Also, easier to keep clean :hmm3grin2orange:

black is not as bad in florida as some may think...just need some tinted windows and a little bit of ventilation, crack windows and sunroof and you are good. Any color car here with the windows closed up and stuff is going to suck a$$ getting into sometimes.

This is an idea I did for Burton, but it might give you some ideas, if your gonna go with the gomango, might as well give it a "Mopar" theme

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10030/ACR-Starion.jpg

make that again but start the black at the top of the fenders, and have a black roof as well..

thats how I plan on painting my next car

id say paint it keep it black....i have a gomango charger and your right it is a very nice color and it gets alot of compliments...mopar has a brilliant black we put on alot of out new cars and trucks, that is a great color, alot of metallic flake in it....if your going to do black check into that color....

• 2 weeks later...

okay...i changed my mind for the final time and am going to get paint tommorrow...

I'm sticking with black...however, what black.

My car now is X15 - or siberian/serbia w/e black.

I like that black, but the body isn't pristine, so I was hoping for some black with a little mettalic in it to not only glitter a little, but to maybe hide some things too. Whats the velvet black on these cars look like? and whats the paint code? or any other suggestions...with paint code?

i'm once again in a pickle...and i don't want a pickle :character0285:

Hey everyone,

I'm soon to get my first Conquest...not too long from now.

Department of Rendundency Dept. "Please Knock Twice" :P

I had a similar dilema as I have just recently repainted mine. I really wanted Pearl Yellow but since the OEM is red, it would have looked bad when you open the engine bay and would have cost a fortune to get all the OEM covered. Instead of Rio or Meskin Red, I went with Viper Red.

Edited by Austin88ESiR

the body shouldn't be that bad...its just I did the bodywork myself....and i'm not a body man, so it won't be perfect, unless i'm lucky...feels smooth though :lol:

oh...and i have aquired the soon to get not too long from now quest...lol

and i've heard the saying....if it ain't right, paint it white....but thats much more work....so....staying with black, of some sort, and leaving to get the paint now.