starquests and rustangs.

boneTSI

most can't even afford those wings and rims, but they do it somehow.

cough.....because of their parents.....cough.

I cant stand mustangs. not really based on anything but hearing people(not just the drivers) say: "No way...." when i say the conquest can beat em. even my own father said that to me once. then i had to take him out to my broke down Conquest and make him stare at it and talk about it for 20 mins for him to change his mind about it. BUT....it really does matter whats all done to either car of course. Now, we all agree that its not just horsepower....but torque that wins races. So heres THIS scenario.....A Rustang(that right...RUSTang) tries to race a Starquest on a road with a bunch of twists and turns....who do you honestly thinks gonna win. And im talkin from a completely stock situation. but, (which was proven in an earlier post) if you run a SQ vs a 5.slow on a 1/4 mile....im sure maybe the mustang has the horsepower advantage.

None of this even matters.....its the driver that makes the race. We ALL know that, right? I'll just say that in my own opinion....I'd drive serioulsy almost ANYTHING over a mustang. (i even hate and am sick of hearing the name of it....) If someone said: heres a mustang cobra for FREE...i wouldnt decline, but id immediately sell it for how ever much, and purchase a Conquest. :D whatever moneys left over ill just dump into modding it to make it faster, and more reliable....and of course SQ looks waaaaaaaaaaaaay better. thats why i really dont understand buying cars from a dealership. imagine what you could do to a sq if you had like 40 grand to spend on a car.......again this is my opinion, but since this is a SQ enthusiast site.....its probley everyones opinion as well. If it isnt, than it should be.

Here we go....Mustangs are so cool that EVERYBODY has one. exept me and itll always be that way. B)

-Broken

Edited by BrokenquestTSI

oh oh, I know, because he couldnt figure out how to make it fast(no parts shopping lists like hondas and dsms) and is a quitter. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a civic randomguy. LOL
lol well ironically, I just bought a 2G dsm a week ago to DD, lol but modding... i'm completely out of... SQ's completely turned me off... all my cars previous were awesomely responsive to mods and kept my modding passion healthy. lol

lol I poke fun at yall- im just burnt out and stuck in a bad place to where I can't really sell them(wont get a quarter of what I put in and i'd rather keep it for that much), nor do I have the desire to finish 'em LOL I might as well wait for them to rust away.

in conclusion, starquests suck, the main reason being that they weren't featured in the Tokyo Drift and I really was hoping they were.

oh yeah....and i dont mean most of what i said about the OLDER mustangs. their cool. 5.0 style and up are extremely gay. i just cant stand hearing about them. you know how many jobs ive been to that had coworkers talkin the same crap about how their mustang is soooo fast? i just hate hearing about it. i know, i know, freedom of speech. ill shut up now.

im sorry but mustangs slow? Bashing other cars like mustangs and generalizing hondas makes no more sense than a honda guy bashing you cause he knows nothing about your car. Starquests are torque beasts stock but fast from the factory, well that rsx boasts 200hp and the best starquest to hit the lot got 188hp but way more torque.

actually you've forgotten the japanese market 2.0 dash 12 valve starion which had 198hp, the GSR-V narrowbody. not 100% sure on 1/4 mile time on that one though, in think they had 3.9 gears too...

lol well ironically, I just bought a 2G dsm a week ago to DD, lol but modding... i'm completely out of... SQ's completely turned me off... all my cars previous were awesomely responsive to mods and kept my modding passion healthy. lol

lol I poke fun at yall- im just burnt out and stuck in a bad place to where I can't really sell them(wont get a quarter of what I put in and i'd rather keep it for that much), nor do I have the desire to finish 'em LOL I might as well wait for them to rust away.

in conclusion, starquests suck, the main reason being that they weren't featured in the Tokyo Drift and I really was hoping they were.

if you go in the special features section of fnf 1 and read the idea that started the movie was a street race between a starion and a 300zx just sos ya knows

I think the thing with mustangs is nobody never hooks the car up like how its supposed to be. you can do a lot with the motor and have a lot of power,

if i had one i would be cookin people all day with it. i think the bad looks plus cheap interiors is what did the stang in.

Also i like the 80s body style better than the 90s version( totally out of shape) with that body style the car looks nice when hooked up and powerful.

Guys! LOL What a massive generalization about the people who drive Mustangs. I have never cared for Fords...but c'mon

Acid

Once upon a time I owned a GSR and while not world beaters those little things have some top end. If I remember the redline was 8K and if you had the rare Type R it redlined at 10K. I should say the real TypeR, not the funny people running around with TypeR on their integra.

That being said, I do like to have fun with the RSX's on the highway. :driving:

Edited by Robsweet87TSI

Hey Grant...

You calling me a d***? :chair:

I have had more Fox body Mustangs than I care to count and 10+ 67-70 Mustang fastbacks and convertibles...and I currently have a '69 Mach 1 that I am doing an EFI swap on...

The majority of my Fox body Mustangs were equipped with aluminum heads and superchargers along with massive port work and all the related bolt-ons. 450+rwhp was about average for my cars.

The SQ/Mustang debate is all relative...

It's relative to what people know about. If you are from a small town and all the fast cars you have seen in your life were Camaros, Chevelles, Mustangs, and Mopars---of course you will believe them to be faster than an 80's 4cyl foreign car!

I grew up in a small town and saw two SQs the entire time I lived there. One was new on the lot in 1989 and the other belonged to a teacher that shopped at the grocery store where I worked. Her son wrecked hers and the new one was sold to someone out-of-state. So, the people in my hometown think I am stupid when I tell them I have a 4 banger that will outrun V8 cars. Nobody even knows what a Starion or Conquest is, but if you mention a Mustang or Camaro they know exactly what they are and can tell you a about 10 super-fast ones. Hell, 15 years ago I would have laughed at you if you told me you had a 4cyl car that could out run my 6.30 sec 1/8 mile car!

nope chris, not calling you a d***. if you will read my first post where i said it may have happened once that a smart guy got out of a mustang and now he drives an sq. i was actually thinking of you when i wrote that. i remembered you used to be a mustang guy, so i figured i would word it that way to leave you out of the bad generalization for the most part.

I like these...ALOT!!

http://www.hartmanracing.com/images/CoupeBBS.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_VfwGfYjnrC8/R3ZviBV7HII/AAAAAAAABew/4UZ7f3KWVHE/Mustang-Week-2007-(44).jpg

1987-1993

-302ci v8 LX(4.9L- “5.0â€)- 225hp EFI to 205hp EFI MAF

-302ci v8 GT(4.9L- “5.0â€)- 235hp EFI MAF

Everybody has different taste in cars, just because you dont like a particular car doesnt give you the right to bash them.

To each thier own!!