Anyone launching with a 2 step?

Indiana

Monty does I know ( man I think he got frustrated with me with all my questions I was asking him ). If I recall correctly, Monty had his car dynoed and the RPM setting at the peak torque on the dynograph.

I believe emagdnim did ( he was selling a setup awhile back )

Edited by Fanta

Just my opinion, but dropping it from the chip at 4500rpms is pretty high and will certainly blow out some axles, 4 bolt or 6, if not U-joints. Of course just b/c a 2step is used, doesn't mean it was dropped hard, but it's more often the case due to the desire for consistent times in bracket racing.

I might consider the 2 step with my 6AL myself, more for launching than as a backup to the MPI cutoff safety measures. They have an adjustable dial that can be used instead of those little pills, but that also isn't real precise.

Question...I assume those pills are nothing more than resistors right? Meaning anybody could probably pick up a variable resistor (rheostat) that has the right range for high/low and "tune" the 2 step at any rpm vs. fixed 200 or 250rpm increments.

yes, 2300rpm. havent broke anything yet, cause i dont have sticky tires. anything over that w/ the 7psi just spins.

i also use "flat shift" 7psi between shifts is nice ;)

and yes, resistance. rheostat would work.