Passenger window died

Fanta

Quick history. 2 months ago, driver side pass. window switch stopped working at putting it up. So I would lean over to put it up. Tonight going to put it up it wouldn't from the passenger side. I'm figuring both switches either the contacts need cleaning or they went bad so I'm going to pull them in the morning, but should tha tnot fix them, is there anything else aside from a bad window motor? ( its sudden though and motors typically slowly die no? )

I've never had an SQ window motor go out. But I do know that when window motors go out, its usually due to stripped gears, forced motor or just plain burnt motor. So yes, they can just go out w/ no warning.

I had this happen to me, after checking the switches, they were ok, I ended up having to run another wire from the driver side to pass side, the same wire, power , that JAinsworth is talking about, also you might ck. the conectors this wire runs through. Good Luck.

A bad switch on the driver's side will prevent either side from working. The power to the passenger's switch is routed through the driver's side switch first.

Ah, so maybe the switch hadn't fully gone bad till that said night. Interesting.

I was fortunate enough to have my old 89 switch. Just switched them out and tested it and the windows worked. So voila. I'm going to attempt to fix the 87 switch just in case.

They are fairly easy to repair...a little light sandpaper, electric contact cleaner and some dielectric grease and it will be good as new. Pay attention to the way the contacts go in and keep up with the springs and you'll be fine.

Jimmy