KYB rear struts now discontinued

Turns out these fools pulled a fast one on me. I received the 2nd box (I ordered more than just struts) and that didnt have them in there either. I only received 2 tracking numbers so I assumed they would be in the 2nd box since they werent in the first. So I contact them and then they tell me they dont have them. This is of course after I pushed the sales guy on their availability since I knew they were hard to find before I even placed the order. The fact the straight up lied to me on availability and the fact they didn't bother to tell me until I asked, would have me say avoid this crap company.

This would make me livid. I hope you call and give them an earfull.

My first one arrived Tuesday and the second is due today. It looks like everyone will have an extra set. No wonder you cant find them any more. Way to go Dad, its all your fault! :winking0013:

what the heck is this guy doing ---> :gamer:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first one arrived Tuesday and the second is due today. It looks like everyone will have an extra set. No wonder you cant find them any more. Way to go Dad, its all your fault! :winking0013:

Well I have reached the end of the internet and have tried every single company out there that says they have them.

I found about 7 places that have (so they say) the 235004 (Left rear), but no one has the 235003 one. No one had any of the Tokico's.

So I guess I will have to wait until one of you want to give up yours or if Mookeeh ever gets the ones he was talking about making up. I assume I could do the full coilover package, but I have an issue with putting $1500+ into this right now.

Yeah dont bother with rockauto or rolling start auto parts either as they told me they had them, i paid and then over a week later, from both of them got the reply of "oh im sorry we dont actually have them in stock even though our webpage says we do" - highly annoying :(

Huh? I think I posted about this when i got my set?

Must be my old age kickin in.

In fact i told Kreal omce I got mine........

I think he has a trailer full of them on the way LOL

Dad

Edited by Dad

I got both mine sitting in the garage now. AGAIN, I get one with the plastic strap let go and the rod poking out the egde of the box <_< . Im going to complain to tirerack and hopefully get some money back seeing as they cant really be replaced.

Now if only I could get a straight answer out of mitsubishiparts.com... b-holes tell me they have the fuel hardline on the way then call them today(two weeks after the guy said its on its way) to see where the heck it is and he tells me he cant get it. I call a different dealership and now its on its way. It sounds like those are gone now too.

Guys need to keep all the SHP rears you can from being scraped. Luckily I have a set of these as well that will get adjustable inserts eventualy. we are quickly realizing the rarity of these cars arnt we?

Well I was able to get both of them(I think I got one of, if not, the last ones from tirerack.com-right rear). I emailed them about the strut poking out of the end of the box and they graciously offered a 50% refund!

BAM!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/89PalermoSHP/kyb1.jpg

Edited by 89PalermoSHP

I got mine today... just had to go pick them up.

I would suggest you guy's call all your local parts places to see if they have them in stock.

On another note, the company I got mine off of has a long standing relationship with KYB and they told me they can try to get KYB to make them again or a small batch.

He told me to call him later this week, because they have to contact the plant that makes them.

Lets start a GP on this just to get an Idea of how many members will be interested and pay a deposit for a pair or more, then contact KYB for production

Already tried that for the Tokicos and about 3 people were interested. (a good majority of)People dont think about it until theirs are toast and now they will be sorry since there arent any other options other than spending a decent chunk on MK1's.

Already tried that for the Tokicos and about 3 people were interested. (a good majority of)People dont think about it until theirs are toast and now they will be sorry since there arent any other options other than spending a decent chunk on MK1's.
interested

interested

Maybe Dad can add to this... we already tried to contact Tokico and I forget why it wouldnt be possible other than they dont give a crap about the starquest.

I would rather spend the $ on rebuilding my SHP's if it were ever to become an option.

Edited by 89PalermoSHP

Here you go Fellas..I took the initiative at least

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76502

While your at it, you should do the same with Tokico. Id take the time to tear apart my new struts to reinstall Tokicos in a NY minute. It can never hurt to ask although Im pretty sure of the answer. They base their decisions on retail sales and couldnt care less if theyre leaving us stranded.

As far as the GP goes, I certainly wouldnt collect anyones money yet. You might be better off making a petition for everyone to "sign" and see if Jimmy would be kind enough to make a sticky of it so it stays at the top.

Let hope for the best and plan for the worst :thumbsup:

Well I ordered the KYB fronts and the rears from Advance Auto today. I am hoping to receive all four on the 24th. Crossing fingers on the rears. Cause I need all of them replaced pretty badly. 65 each for the fronts and 105 each for the rears. Edited by Jsmitty

Well I ordered the KYB fronts and the rears from Advance Auto today. I am hoping to receive all four on the 24th. Crossing fingers on the rears. Cause I need all of them replaced pretty badly. 65 each for the fronts and 105 each for the rears.

I really hope you called and talked to an actual person...

Anyone who sees these on a web site should call first and speak to a salesperson to verify stock before commiting to the purchase or youll be out the funds for a week or so(ask me how I know).