the most power

hyselltech

Alright i wasnt sure what forum this fell under so im going to write it in here.I just bought my second quest it is an 87, I would like to know how to get the best power out of the turbo.Can i get more boast out of the 12 if i were to get hardpipes?What are the best things to do to the 87 to get a little more fun out of the car. I would appreciate any help with this.Thanks.

to add to what Tech said, i'd get a MAF-Translator, the GM MAF, and a Wideband gauge. that'll give you some tuning capabilities, as well as improve mileage. all of those mods have taken cars to the high 13's with good driving.

Thanks guys,I have done the exhaust, The next thing that im going to do is the hardpipes.I have just been trying to get everything else back together.The person that had it before me really didnt take very good care of it,I need to rebuild the throttle body and do a couple of little odd and ends and then i want to do a turbo swap andsome internal engine work.Thanks again for the info.

Don't do a thing until you have it all back together stock and running well. If you start making changes now, you will spend the rest of your life chasing your tail trying to iron out the bugs.

Don't do a thing until you have it all back together stock and running well. If you start making changes now, you will spend the rest of your life chasing your tail trying to iron out the bugs.

+ best advice ever

There were very few differences from the 87 to the 88 and 89 that gave them the extra 11 horse power (188 over 177 stock). 2 things that I know to be true were the ECU for better fuel management and the better flowing intercooler. Doesn't the 87 need an 88 or 89 ECU to be able to get past the autoshut off when modifying the boost above 12psi or so?

Correct me on any of this if I am wrong.