1988 Conquest SHP Maroon in Atlanta with 89K (Pics added)

jonboyb

I picked this car up a while back since a couple of out-of-state members were interested but not able to get here and buy the car. They are not able to get it so I'm posting it up for everyone again. Here's the old listing.

Old Listing

This is a original SHP car with decent SHP struts and near mint SHP wheels (3 are mint, 1 has some VERY minor curbing) and good Kuhmo 712 tires. The body is very straight with only a few minor door dings and scratches. The paint is not good on the top and hood. Previous owner thought he blew a hg (smokes, but it's oil or fuel...not coolant) but the issue appears to be a badly leaking turbo. There is no coolant/oil mixing or loss of fluids. I will put a good 12a on before pickup. The car had sat for several months after it started smoking (about 150 miles after a rebuild with Dad's rods and Weisco forged pistons) and I put a battery to it and it cranked immediately and idles smooth. Has a turbo timer as well. Has maroon interior but seats are seperated and rear deck is faded. Everything else is in very good shape. Has a mangled up 3" exhuast from the dowpipe back but a real Apexi N1 muffler. Good airdam and very clean intercooler. While it does smoke, it is not excessive and I feel the turbo will likely cure that issue. I do not know the condition of the tranny, clutch, diff, etc. so it would probably be wise to tow it. The brakes are also a dead pedal so it would be dangerous to drive :lol: Again, I do not know the history of the vehicle and am only stating what the previous owner told me. $1100 takes it. Anyone is welcome to come by and see it. $1100 for a rare colored, clean bodied, low mileage, true SHP car with a good aidam, new engine, and clear title......someone with more time than me please put this one back on the road.

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v255/123/13/1250209187/n1250209187_16200_3020.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v255/123/13/1250209187/n1250209187_16201_3598.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v255/123/13/1250209187/n1250209187_16202_4000.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v255/123/13/1250209187/n1250209187_16203_4548.jpg

Ah i remember when it was for sale, not really that long ago actually, Congrats man.

Yep, I got it about 2 months ago because HotRodTSi and RGV8R were in search on one and couldn't get to GA at the time. When I saw the car it was an easy purchase. They've both backed off right now so I'm putting it on the boards again. Terry and Ronnie have both seen the car though, so maybe they'll chime in as to what they think of it.

Also, I have some pics, but I can't get them to upload to the gallery. PM me an e-mail address if anyon eneeds pics.

Pictures sent to everyone.

For anyone interested, give me a week or 2 to get the turbo swapped and give the old bird a tune up to make sure everything is up to speed.

Once the turbo is swapped would it make the trip up to Nashville TN?

Jon

I am very very interested in your quest and I will come pick it up, no need for you to even touch it or repair the turbo etc etc. please call me at 602-684-1627. I am in Jacksonville right now and can come get this real quick~!

Thanks

Sean

Edited by desert_starion

Sorry for the delay guys. The site was down, then I went down with strep for the holiday weekend :angry:

The smoking issue is fuel. When the new engine went in, the PO stated he bought new injectors. However, they are both black so I'm guessing he put 86 injectors in and hence the rich idle. No signs of burning oil or coolant.

I cranked the car for maybe 20 seconds and did a quick compression check. Got between 138 and 148 which is much better than I expected as long as it's sat (and if it really only has 150 miles on the rebuild, the rings are probably not seated yet). And I did not let the car warm up. I sent a LCD borescope down the plug holes trying to confirm the PO's statement that it is a brand new forged bottom end. While I could not see any signs of the typical marking on the piston tops like a factory Mitsu piston, I still can't guarantee it has Weisco's as stated. The tops had carbon on them and I couldn't tell alot. I will TRY to get the borescope through the oilpan to take a look at the piston bottoms.

For everyone asking about driving the car home....NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Both the brakes and clutch systems are shot. Both reservoirs are bone dry, so I don't know if they will function after refill and bleed.

Guest Questfan
hello . i live in duluth. i am interested in your car. i am new to the conquest site . i appreciate your candidness about your vehicle condition, when would you be available so that i may check out you conquest. Is the price firm. have you installed the new turbo?

well i sould be home soon.. dont fret to bad... I will get it if it is still there..

Danny

Right now she's sold with a 99.9% certainty. I'll let the new owner announce it though ;)