car would not start

Remlor

I changed my throttle body on my car, before I did this the engine ran fine. After the change it would not start. I was told that the computer was not working so I changed that, they my mechanic told me to change the ignition box so I changed that. I think he doesn't know what he is doing. I am at my wits end does anyone have a complete wiring diagram from the computer to all the sensors in the engine this would be helpful and how to check them all.

Thanks In advance

Remlor

Miami

PS Or a good mechanic in the Miami area that knows these cars

Edited by Remlor

Remy,

did you drain some of the coolant before the TB rebuild? If not, you probably flooded the intake with coolant.

Jimmy

There was some coolant there but we dried it all up. Even if there is no fuild of any kind there now, would it not start.

There is a ground wire that attaches to the TB. That is needed or the ECI will not work.

IF you turn the key does it crank? If it doesnt crank, there is a wire (single female spade) that connects to the solenoid (Starter). This can vibrate off. IF you look under the intake you may see it or the 'empty' connector (male spade) sitting there.

If you want wiring diagrams (entire manual) go to http://www.starguestgarage.com and select the 88 Factory Service manual. Its in PDF form.