Upgraded Radiator... i need help

So, i just got my new (old) 88 conquest TSI.. and im putting in a new radiator.. but i have no idea which one to get...

I know greddy makes a pretty good aluminium radiator..

Give me some advice.. what are some radiators you guys have installed? How are they working out for you?

Thanks!

This one will bolt into the stock mounts. It does, however, require aftermarket fans, thermoswitches, and a different upper radiator hose. Still, it's one of the better priced units that can support a considerable mount of horsepower.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69833

• 3 weeks later...
400.00+ is kinda steep for a stock replacement IMO. A cheaper option is to switch to a flex-fan set-up and use a new stock radiator.

flex-fan set-up

An aluminum radiator built for a small block V8 is a stock replacement?

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have a lot of options when it comes to a radiator. I used a radiator from a 89 supra to cool my car

from NC to NYC and used it for a few weeks after that and it cooled well.

I had my stock upgrade to a 3 row core. You will have to add some washers on the lower and side brackets to pull it away from the front a bit so as not to cut into the fins but it ain't no big thang.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm using the 3 row aluminum radiator meant for small block v8's from summit racing. Although it doesn't have any bungs welded in, the lower hose needs to be fabricated to fit, and there is a small clearance issue, for $180 it's a good deal. My temp gauge is always less than halfway regardless of weather.