Turned 2 Darkside....HONDA!!

Well it happended, after only a year and months of buying, junking and slanging Honda parts (I own a Honda dismantler)...I finally turned to the dark side and bought a little bucket Honda to call my own! :biggrinumbrella1: I know, I know their :biggrinumbrella1: But with todays gas prices and the SQ's horrible gas mileage (compared to the 40+ per gallon Honda) it was time for a change.

What did I get? A '91 Si CRX, bought from original owner an elderly fellow. The interior is almost like it never left 1991! Bought it as a scrapper, to junk for parts. Has minor front end damage after the owners grandson got his hands on it and the stupid kid didn't know what the brakes were! Gonna fix it, I've got the parts laying around in the yard. Gonna be the shop car.

But it aint gonna be no regular shop car, certainly no grocery getter. I've got a complete B series motor conversion waiting for it, maybe LS Vtec turbo charge seeing as how I've a couple spare turbo's, turbo manifolds and the guts from many other V-tec Hondas.

The SQ? Well I figure with the CRX I can pick fights with all the ricers....then bring in the SQ to SLAY THEM!!!! :character0028:

I want a '90 crx hf, then I want to lighten the crap out of it. then get some really skinny all season tires and make a big flat piece for the underbody and some tiny mirrors. yeah, try to get 'er to 60mpg's. I could run megasquirt and tune it really lean.

I want a '90 crx hf, then I want to lighten the crap out of it. then get some really skinny all season tires and make a big flat piece for the underbody and some tiny mirrors. yeah, try to get 'er to 60mpg's. I could run megasquirt and tune it really lean.

The HF's will almost give you that much gas mileage without doing anything to it other than keeping running proper! I sold one to a customer, he fills up once a week, drives 6 days to work from the San Fernando Valley to Downtown LA, $35 bucks to fill up! I put 35 on the Quest, I may make it to the next gas station on the way home!

HF's are insanely thrifty on gas, they're Hybrid status without the electric motor or the insane price tag!

i got one too! 2 weeks ago i bought this thing for 475 from my auto tech.

http://a598.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/120/l_a39a1d631bb1fe326f53c2befe195e6d.jpg

The whole top half of the car was roasted see hear

http://a310.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/28/l_71f98bf5c314246ee337e8051c19f755.jpg.

Now it looks like this

http://a72.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/79/l_1cf501b57b67afc6572ea6176fa952ff.jpg

And i'm selling it to my neighbor today for 1800. After only spending $30 on spray paint :lol:

Edited by BOOSTED88tsi

1996 Geo Metro 1.0 3 cylinder, 49mpg...I had one and loved every minute of it. Back when I had it cost me 7 dollars to fill it up

Thats what im talking about :) would buy one in a heartbeat if I could find a decent one.

Sooo, whats the point of buying a honda to get good gas mileage if your just planning to drop in a larger motor and turbocharge it?

Well, even with that kind of set up, they still get good gas and have the fun to go with it. I'm gonna slap advertisement all over this thing, shops name etc., sort of a rolling ad and use it for local small parts delivery. I always wanted one of those little buckets...I have customers who tell me it's hard to own one and not modify them, it's just temptation.

awsome i miss my crx's i had 4 of them (2) 86 si's (1) 88 dx and (1) 91 hf with si motor and trans they were alot of fun. i also had 2 preludes 87 & 88 and a 90 lx civic. now i have a 95 ex coupe i got for 600 bucks and i love it . im bought everything to make it stick the at in there is going and not worth repair IMHO.

i cant speak for the gas milage in the quest being the 2 i had i only drove for a total of 80 miles but im expacting mid 20's when its done but thats from a 2.0 :P

Yesterday I passed a scrap wrecker with a nice 1980s CRX on the flatbed headed to the shredder. Had window louvers and all. I wish I could have saved it. Scrap prices are so high around here that everything is dissapearing, fast.

I just picked up a 91 civic, not getting spark to the cylinders. Hopefully an easy fix and sell it for 16-1800.

Distributor.

and yes, scrap prices are so high right now, people are stealing metal from where ever they can get em. Heck, they stole the wiring off the electrical poles in a trailer park near my shop!

So look out for people wanting to scrap SQ's!

Distributor.

and yes, scrap prices are so high right now, people are stealing metal from where ever they can get em. Heck, they stole the wiring off the electrical poles in a trailer park near my shop!

So look out for people wanting to scrap SQ's!

disty

coil

timing belt. (interference or no?)

FUSE lol my Girlfriend let her eclipse sit almost a year over a fuse (she was my ex GF at the time) after about a half dozen folks looked at it to fix it. I found the fuse almost instantly. (it caught fire on the road a year later, lol)

my friend has an 86 CRX gets 50 MPG on the highway and it runs like crap....... lol