temperature gauge

powerline84

Hi i just bought an 88 tsi that had the top end rebuilt and they disconected the wire for the temp guage aparently can you guys show me a pic of where the temp guage wire attaches at the block. theres so many wires in this engine bay cause off all the engine management and gauges and s*** i am trying to sort it all out. thanks Edited by powerline84

Hi i just bought an 88 tsi that had the top end rebuilt and they disconected the wire for the temp guage aparently can you guys show me a pic of were the temp guage wire attaches at the block. theres so many wires in this engine bay cause off all the engine management and gauges and s*** i am trying to sort it all out. thanks

Look here

http://starquest.i-x.net/viewtopic.php?t=1097

It's the sensor marked "1" in the pics. But you need to just read through all the manuals when you have a chance.

http://starquest.i-x.net/viewforum.php?f=1...224c81546d698d9

Welcome to the world of the StarQuest.

I've worked on cars almost my whole life...lol. Seriously, I started helping my Dad at 10, rebuilt my first engine at 14 with Dad watching and giving me tips on how to do it right. A VW Beetle engine from Mom's car. Since then, have no idea how many cars I worked on, and how many engines I've done...but always kept my own cars running right myself. Even rebuilt and drag raced a 70 Hemi Cuda...great learning experiance that was! Had fun too...had some great help, even some fellow racers.

I've even read books on engine theory, and along with Physics, Geometry, Chemistry, and a bit of Calculus in high school..it's helped me to understand how and why an engine works, along with the forces acting on it.

I'm not a proffessional mechanic, but I do have a good grasp of things. I'm 47 now, and still learning about all the sensor and computer things related to cars. I'm getting there and still find some new things to learn. Nothing wrong with that!

You sure came to the right place. Pretty knowlegable folks here willing to help out. That's what this site is here for.

Good luck