Turbo Lubrication Problem

Jayton

There seems to be enough room. I may even modify the ABS brcket to help in mounting this thing.

Someone has pics of the stock catch can cut open. I think it was from a post by Professor Quest. The inlet and outlet on the one I bought are like 7/8" diameter. They are huge.

Great idea to use the ABS modulator bracket if possible!

It sounds like your hi-tech can will work great.

I should add that I hogged out the #3 piston cavity area where all that extra metal is where they had some kind of emissions device in there on another application. Or so I was told. Indiana or someone else probably knows exactly what it was in there. It got rid of quite a bit of metal and opens up the crankcase a little. Every little bit helps. My point is that my application of the KV may differ from others due to that?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

couple things to point out

you ever do a leak down test,, if so what is it your hearing

air leaking past the rings,, NO ring set is 100% seal'd

now multiply this by 4 and add 10%for boost increase

no point in the intake or crank case has vacuum of any sort durring boost , but normal driveing you will never be under boost for more then 20 secs

it's imposible to build a vacuum in the crank case while it's geting air from the rings

not being 100% seal'd and sence a 100% seal is imposible it'l never happen , so placeing a one way valve on the valve cover is doing what nothing at all sept makeing a restriction impeding exhaust of crank case pressure

on a normal performing engine with no mechanical problems the pcv valve will give all the crankase ventilation need'd , a turbo pcv is a one way valve not an orfice