Car tries to shut off when taking off

Stephen

I need some help. My car starts up and idols fine but when I try to take off mainley in reverse it tries to shut off. Once I get going it runs fine or if I leave hard and spin the tires and go through the gears hard it runs fine to, only when I back up or pull off and sometimes when i hit the brakes coming to a stop it will try to shut off. Sitting there idoling I can rev the car up and it does fine and also it does not do it when it is cold only when it warms up. I have tried checking wires under the hood I richined up my fuel mixture at idol and mid throttle. It just acts likesomething is cutting fuel and i cant find it. any info would be most helpful......... thanks

Stephen

Runs fine when cold, acts up when warm...that's the clue. Typical warm run issues seem to be the coolant temp sensor. This sensor is the one straight up on the intake. This is NOT the one for the guage...that one is near the thermostat housing.

CTS should have 2 wires...connection clean and tight, might need to be replaced.

Thanks for the info, I will try that and see what happens. It was just throwing me off because what ever it is , it seems like it is shuting down the injectors for a second then they just come back on, the car never shuts off but comes really close but runs perfect going down the road. i was hoping someone else has had this problom and knew a solution but I guess I couldnt be that lucky. thanks again

Did you check for codes from the ecu yet?

Have you done the tps/isc reset?

You'll find the write-ups on these in the FAQ.

It would be great to know what your fuel pressure

is doing. What's the status of your fuel filters?

You can check the in-line cone and the pickup tube

"sock" from the access under the spare. If you don't

know how old the big filter below the throttle body on

the shock tower is-replace it. Most parts stores carry

it.

Did you check for codes from the ecu yet?

Have you done the tps/isc reset?

You'll find the write-ups on these in the FAQ.

It would be great to know what your fuel pressure

is doing. What's the status of your fuel filters?

You can check the in-line cone and the pickup tube

"sock" from the access under the spare. If you don't

know how old the big filter below the throttle body on

the shock tower is-replace it. Most parts stores carry

it.

Well the fuel filters are new.I dont have the in tank sock or the cone filter because I put in a aftermarket pump and a fuel cell, the inline is not even a year old that i put in when i did the cell so they should be good. I do need to check the codes from the ecu i have not done that yet and I am not sure what the fuel pressure is doing i do not have a gauge on it but it runs perfect under boost so i wouldnt think fuel pressure would be a problom, but thanks for the info.

Stephen