GB Closed.

emagdnim

Why haven't I received an email reply from your husband, Sam? I sent emails on 9/1 and 9/2 to dsms24_7@msn.com. I sent you, Kim Baker, a private message (pm) on 9/4 alerting you to the fact that I sent those emails to your paypal account address at dsms24_7@msn.com. You replied via pm on 9/5 saying, "That would be sams email. I will tell him to check it when he gets home." It is disturbing that you and Sam have collected $641.40 for parts that I have not yet received and all communication has ceased. I am including you in my statement because you openly admitted that he was using your paypal account to collect funds in exchange for car parts. I look forward to a timely and informative reply or credit card chargeback's will follow. This is not a threat... it is fact.

Thank you,

Dan

This is Sam’s wife. This is probably going to turn into a long post, but I feel I need to address the issue.

Let me start off by saying that I’m really astonished at the way that Sam has been treated on this board. He has went out of his way to get members the best possible deals on a lot of parts that were not only his, but some of the last OEM parts available threw Mitsubishi. He spends numerous hours researching and finding the best deals and parts so that he can offer these parts to his fellow club members…and at a discounted price. Did he have to do this? NO. But that’s the way Sam is.

His life has been dedicated to Mitsubishi’s for many years and he is probably one of the only people you will ever run into that is THIS dedicated to the starquest and DSM’s. Yes, he may come off as an a§§ sometimes, but anyone that has ever met him knows that he would help ANYONE out that would need it. If he was going down the street and you were broke down, he’d stop, lend tools and labor just to get you back on the road. Then probably invite you over for some car viewing and crap chat about the cars. If you gave him a call…even in the middle of the night (yes this has happened to us), he would drop everything and come to your assistance. That’s the type of person he is. If you needed a part, he would do his best to locate it for you. This all takes time from his already busy day. With this being said…

As for the ARP head studs, once again, something he took a lot of time and effort to set up this deal and have these things made. Hell, he is not even using them and continued this deal for everyone. Last I heard, he was still waiting on completion date and needed to check if everyone paid. Don’t give me the “you know who has paid and who hasn’tâ€â€¦are you serious? The amount of funds that is ran threw my paypal card in an entire month from not only my sales, but all of Sam’s sells (and not just from the forum) is unreal. It’s kinda hard to keep up with everyone when 90% of the people that paypal him DON’T even bother to put what they are paypaling him for. I have received hundreds of payments that didn’t even state what it was for. Do you have any idea how time consuming this is to try to locate payments and match them up with what they are suppose to be for? Just to give you an idea…I printed off the last 2 months of my paypal…it is 51 pages long at 20 transactions per page…you do the math…or I’ll do it for you just in case you don’t get it =1020 transactions….JUST IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS. Do you honestly think Sam or myself have time to constantly monitor and try to match up the transactions and who they belong to? Each transaction had a NAME on it. Is you name known??? No, just a forum name. It’s a guessing game on who most people are. There is even 1 buyer who used someone else’s name in paypal. For those who did write a message on what the payment is for, thanks, but just so you know, it’s time consuming as well b/c you still have to individually go into each transaction to see who it is because the payment screen only gives you a “real nameâ€â€¦which we don’t know. Sam works a full time job, gets off late and so do I. We have 4 kids and 1 is a newborn along with a new grandbaby all in a matter of 3 months along with us having to move to a bigger house due to the family increase. He doesn’t always have time to read or respond to everything asap especially here lately with our busy schedule. We’ve been spending a lot of time away from home working on his conquest build. Obviously you people understand that the internet and forums are not always #1 priority.

Since he was suspended/banned/whatever, yes, he has hard feelings about things and no he does not get on to read this forum anymore. He is trying to get all the parts in that people have ordered so he can be done with this and not worry about getting anyone deals but himself from now on. This includes the hoods people ordered and the insulators and anything else, which I’m not sure if it was even this forum or other starquest forums. But I figured I would inform you all just in case some people were on here.

For those of you that posted that you hope he gives news to those that have paid or says something…did you not read what jainsworth posted about him being suspended? How do you think he’s going to say something when he can’t post? He also said for anyone who needed to get in touch with him to email him with questions. Have any of you done that? According to Sam, he hasn’t heard from anyone with concerns. Call Mitsubishi to get things straightened out? His work has nothing to do with this transaction. It’s not being ran threw them and they know nothing about it.

I only got on here in order to get some insight as to what is going on with the payments after finding that mr tsiconquest88 has decided to go loco and take his money back. Now that he has done that, the group buy can not be done because the full amount will be requested by ARP and it is no longer there. So, you can thank him for screwing up your group buy. The money in paypal that he put a dispute on isn’t even the group buy money, but my money, so now you have screwed me as well. The group buy $$ was removed from paypal back in July and put into a business account with a credit card (which is the only way to have this ARP transaction done) until we 1) figured out the payment status to make sure everyone had paid & 2) Waited for ARP to be completed with the order. Then the money was going to be forwarded on to ARP. Sam has not been running transactions threw my paypal since the beginning of August due to all this confusion with ALL the parts he’s been selling. Now I guess we will have to figure all the payments out that was made (minus the transaction fee’s that we were charged and removed by paypal) and get the money back from the business account once we can get in touch with him and refund the remaining $$.

I haven’t been on this forum for a very long time due to the negativity, criticism (as Sam learned a long time ago with his quest build, which he had removed due to everyone wanting to post nothing but nasty degrading things in it-one word=jealousy…if you could only see it now…) and some of the most horrid people I have ever come across are on here (Burton’s wife who got mad at Sam and decided to tell me, while pregnant, that she hoped Sam’s “devil spawn diedâ€â€¦one word F*uck U!) That was the end of my communication with this board. THIS will be my last for good. Mods can delete my account, ban me, I really don’t care. Either way, I have no desire to come back.

Thanks starquest…you guys are GREAT! :thumbsup: I'll be sending your payments once I figure this entire mess out on who paid what and the amounts.

Edited by Dan

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys (all of u in the group buy) dont even bother contacting Sam, cdisme even linked to a thread where he himself contacted ARP about this whole ordeal and as stated by ARP they never even got anything finalized from Sam, so go through ARP and buy the studs (which yes are done) and buy them outright, cdisme also stated he set it up to offer the 100 studs to us first instead of going off to public sale!!! So claim ur paypal money and buy the studs before they go the public direction, ARP has the darn things and will be waiting for whoever from the GB wants them first dibs since we were suppose to have them in the first place. Read the link, its above.

Just thought I'd update. I think I've mailed everyone that contacted me. But, if you haven't got it yet, we sent the money orders out today. I've been corresponding with those in private via my personal email and they know the situation. For those of you that decided to file a dispute...well, as I stated in my previous post, all the money was removed from paypal and put into our friends business account which is what ARP told us we had to have in order to buy the studs. So, there is NO money in paypal. Several decided to file a dispute, so now the paypal account is in the negatives. Good luck with that. There's nothing I can do with those. Others who were patient and contacted me have their money on the way. Being nice goes a long way and it's very much appreciated.

As I stated before, I had no intentions on coming back to the site but felt the need to since all of my emails keep getting returned mailer-daemon from Monte so I thought I would post here so that you might see it. (Thanks csdisme for the help in contacting him, but I didn't even think to get on here to PM). MONTE IF YOU READ THIS-PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD EMAIL ADDRESS FOR YOU THAT WON'T BE RETURNED. SKATER4991@AOL.COM DOES NOT WORK.

Those of you involved know the situation and know what's going on and I'm keeping in close contact with you during the process. As I said in the emails, please let me know when you received the money order so that I know everything is good.

For those of you that have emailed expressing your thanks to Sam for all the good deals he was able to get you and the many nice kind words, thank you. We appreciate it. It's great working and dealing with people like you and I'm sorry this group buy did not happen the way it should have but I heard that you will still be able to get your ARPs afterall and that's wonderful.

For those of you that continue to bash him, lol. I thought it was funny how Sam and I don't get on here or read and this was posted in my last message, and people were still posting to me and people to this day are still PMing him. Wow. I only read a few post to see that the bashing was still going on and decided it wasn't worth my time.

Also, I would like you all to know that everyone DID NOT pay the full amount which is why Sam kept saying that he needed to check the hundreds of pages in paypal to figure it out. We knew that we were short somehow, just couldn't figure it out. Now we know who it is. So...yea, everyone hadn't paid yet. Also, there is one person on here that has their paypal account set up under the name as PAYPAL. We are not mind readers and have no clue when looking for payments that this was a group buy person. Even with your name given to us, it's very difficult to locate it on paypal when your name isn't even listed. So even if this group buy has not went sour, we would STILL be waiting on a payment. Yes, conquesttsi88, when you file a dispute, pp takes the funds, so your portion that you filed the dispute on was now unavailable. Yes, we had removed the full amount of the funds for the payment (even tho everyone had not paid the full amount Sam put his own money in there to even it out until he figured out who still owed and he'd have to collect it from them before ordering. So the money that was in paypal was actually mine, but was now unaccessible). This just goes to show you shouldn't jump the gun, run your mouth and come to your own conclusions. Sam wasn't here to rip anyone off or make a buck. He was here to help others get the best possible discount he could get them for their starquest. We don't steal nor do we need anyone's money. We do QUITE well thank you.

I don't know where the other pages are, nor do I have the time to look for them, were people bought the air damns and insulators. Sams manager has been on the phone constantly over the last 2 weeks trying to get the details about the shipment that hasn't come in yet. Some said they couldn't locate the air damns, some said they were discontinued from here on out, but 5 are still listed in stock and are suppose to be on their way Sept 29th. They found out the hood insulators will also be in on Sept 29th. Hang tight guys if you are one of these people or if you just happen to be reading this and you are waiting on one. If something goes wrong with the delivery, we will refund your money back as well. The money was removed to pay the invoice to his work, which is as simple as getting the money back, canceling the invoice and putting the items back in stock once they arrive if they are not wanted. No big deal.

Once again thanks for your understanding and emailing me. I'll keep in touch. Have a great day. :mellow:

Oh give it a rest my dispute was filed LONG after your time the money was sent in to ARP, OBVIOUSLY since ARP said the studs are made and u also said the money was taken out of the account so how in the f*** could it affected anything :rolleyes:

OH and so ur saying us who filed a claim arent getting our money? Only the people that contacted you are? Did i read that right? if not elaborate cus i guarantee my money will be gotten one way or another and i wont get banned for threatening like someone recently and others in the past cus im not threatening but to be known i will get my money and thats a promise. You really need to give all money back since we who paid have money in this GB that didnt happen, if we who filed cant get our money then where is the money? Your talking out of your a**, I am pm'ing your usrename my cell i expect a call from Sam.

Edited by tsiconquest88

Oh yea and if u didnt want so much issues and all after same got banned why wouldnt u just come on the username u are posting under now and tell everyone what happened as a whole what supposedly happened. We all have a right to our money not just those who were pm'ing u NICELY as u put it, Sam spoke down on people quite often in threads first off.

Just thought I'd update. I think I've mailed everyone that contacted me. But, if you haven't got it yet, we sent the money orders out today. I've been corresponding with those in private via my personal email and they know the situation. For those of you that decided to file a dispute...well, as I stated in my previous post, all the money was removed from paypal and put into our friends business account which is what ARP told us we had to have in order to buy the studs. So, there is NO money in paypal. Several decided to file a dispute, so now the paypal account is in the negatives. Good luck with that. There's nothing I can do with those. Others who were patient and contacted me have their money on the way. Being nice goes a long way and it's very much appreciated.

Wow ... so you're saying that the people who are fighting to get their money back aren't? That isn't fair is it? If not everyone paid the money should have never been moved to begin with.

It is illegal as well as immoral to withold money when a transaction did not complete. People have every right in the world to try to get their money back. For you to say that people can't get their money back because they filed disputes is insane. They can CANCEL the disputes if you send them the money, you know.

Nice to know that you can't trust some people. With an attitude like that no wonder the group buy failed

By the way -- people with disputes -- PRINT THIS PAGE OUT!!! She is outright REFUSING to pay you. That's against the law.

I haven’t been on this forum for a very long time due to the negativity, criticism (as Sam learned a long time ago with his quest build, which he had removed due to everyone wanting to post nothing but nasty degrading things in it-one word=jealousy…if you could only see it now…) and some of the most horrid people I have ever come across are on here (Burton’s wife who got mad at Sam and decided to tell me, while pregnant, that she hoped Sam’s “devil spawn diedâ€â€¦one word F*uck U!) That was the end of my communication with this board. THIS will be my last for good. Mods can delete my account, ban me, I really don’t care. Either way, I have no desire to come back.

If that 13 week old tissue doesn't miscarry, that thing Sam calls a child will be born with hooves:

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/theressomeoneforeveryone.jpg

If you can't even get that quote right, how much of the rest of your spew is a few words off correct?

Mark and I both left SQC because of Sam. You got what you wanted right? Why do you need to bring up s*** from a year ago now? It has nothing to do with the failed group purchase.

Edited by burtons_wife

I just wonder how many people are owed money and how much?

Just to see if it's worthwhile to contact the prosecutors office in grove city- not sure where to begin but if the amounts are substantial I would be glad check with the mahoning county prosecutor to see who to contact.

you may need to file a complaint in your own jurisdiction.

May not be much i can do since i wasn't involved.

http://www.mahoningcountyoh.gov/Department...91/Default.aspx

If all the info is kept to PM's then many may just let it slide and not realize the scope of the scam. If it stays alive you would have a better chance of getting it resolved.

Dad

I'm not trying to stir up trouble here but instead of continually ripping the guy have you actually tried to resolve this in a civil manner? I did, and I can tell you it works. I worked out a deal with Sam's wife and she got me half of my money now and the other half in 2 weeks. Now, to all you grumblers out there, I can see you all jumping in and saying that you're not willing to wait 2 weeks. Well, take him to court then and see how long that will take. I am sure an out of state claim will take considerably longer than 2 weeks. I would guess even filing a dispute with your credit card company or thru PayPal will take longer. I do know if you paid thru PayPal and didnt use a credit card the only way you are going to get your money back is if there is money in the account it was sent to.

Oh, and by the way, I received my bolts today and I got the first half of my refund on Saturday. :thumbsup:

On a different note:

I know I havent gotten the contact info out to 9 people yet, so if you were in this group buy and havent contacted me for the info so you can still buy you bolts if you still want them, please PM me and I'll forward all the information to you.

Thanks

If you paid with paypal they will reimburse your money regardless if their is money in their account or not. It's not stirring the pot but do you listen to her story. The money was transferred to another account so shouldnt the money still be there unless it was spent on something other then the parts.

You can play a blind eye if you want to the fact is the money that was meant for this GB was spent else where without permission from those paying for the parts. That is a crime and should be reported....

OH boy what dont u understand about the people that filed a claim got bashed by them dude, they are getting nasty and i am not going to be civil back they did not inform that the GB wasnt going to be finished by Sam yet the studs were made, its not difficult to understand they arent that great of people cdisme. I will not be nice and I will still get my money, why should i be nice since i hadnt started the BS with them. one way or another, they have no right to withold money that isnt theirs they werent completiting the GB and thats bottom line they are BS'ing dont let them fool you, otherwise money wouldnt have been removed from that account as they say to pay ARP yet the studs were made and suddenly he wasnt doing them and blamed it on claims through paypal which is BS since the money was already moved lol. Come on man just cus u got ur money and think Sam is so great lol we arent the only people that had issue and there is plenty of outside this GB looking for money back for other stuff and or had bad sales with Sam.

Randy sounds like a good idea thanks for helping out instead of taking the side of a BS artist. I mean how can u say u arent giving money back to someone cus of attitude yourself is bringing on, I didnt bash him at all till i wasnt getting my money and that reality set in.

Edited by tsiconquest88

I'd rather see it all solved without any legal matters, but i also don't want to see people get screwed over and just say to themselves " oh well thats the internet"

As long as we see posts that shows that they are in good faith returning the money- thats fine, but Believe me the longer a debt goes on.. the harder it is to collect.

Dad

Whoa, hold up. I never said what they are doing is nice or right. As a matter of fact he either should provide the product or a refund, those are the options. All I was trying to point out was that people have a tendency to dig in their heels when they get ripped on, it's a natural defense mechanism. I have been around the block a few times, and in my experience I will always try "nice" first as I can always get nasty later. But I have found if I lose control and end up getting nasty first it is much more difficult to go nice later. Look, I'm not trying to protect the Bakers et al. I don't even know them other than the few dealings I have had with Sam through the boards here and the couple of emails with Sam's wife. Up until now my dealings with Sam have been fine. I sent him money and I got my product in a reasonable amount of time. I am far from taking the side of anyone. All I was trying to do by making my previous post was to make a few possible suggestions to get you your money back in the shortest amount of time so you can get your bolts should you still want them. My point in mentioning that I had received a portion of my money was to point out that nice seemed to work in this case. And it put me in a position that I was able to pick up my bolts.

Look, I picked up Sam's fumble not because I think he's a great guy and in some demented sort of way I want to save something of his reputation :rolleyes: I did it because there were 9 other guys that had waited months for a set of bolts and I thought I could help them get them. Simple as that. Trust me, if that wasn't true I have already had 6 or 7 PM's from members not in the original group buy wanting the contact information so they could buy a set. But, original 10 gets first pop.

I agree with you Randy, the only people that benefit from going to court are the lawyers and the courts. They are the only ones that profit in the end. And if it's only a couple of us that end up getting refunds, then I would be in total agreement that you do what you have to to get your money back.

So, with that all said, believe what you want, do what you will, take my suggestion or not, totally up to you. I simply was passing along something that worked for me.

Thats all fine and dandy but since he was nasty from the start in PM and paypal messages i dont get how i can be nice for something that i didnt even get mean about just cus i filed a dsipute not even a claim at the time till a week later i got nothing but nasy BS from him and his wife so i went claim. Why should I be nice to get MY money back lol. I would be nice if it they were nice from the start. Apparently they think they are moral kings and can hold money cus im not being nice lol.

It's a shame that one person's loss of credibility here is affecting how others act to each other now. It seems from my outside perspective that emagdnim has the credibility issue here and no one else. Attracting flies with honey instead of vinegar is a good saying, yet I can understand how it would be difficult to do that when there is a lack of trust in the other person based on evidenced behaviors.

I'm glad we have folks like Dad here to share some wisdom :)

• 2 weeks later...
It's a shame that one person's loss of credibility here is affecting how others act to each other now. It seems from my outside perspective that emagdnim has the credibility issue here and no one else. Attracting flies with honey instead of vinegar is a good saying, yet I can understand how it would be difficult to do that when there is a lack of trust in the other person based on evidenced behaviors.

I'm glad we have folks like Dad here to share some wisdom :)

Thank you, I just want NO ONE to have a bad transaction on this site.

Any Updates? Everyone cool- all satisfied!

I hope so.

Dad

nope i got half from the paypal claim and the first half i cant get back from paypal as they say its too old of a transaction. I tried my bank and they cant do anything being i didnt use my chase bank card i used my checking account. Gee maybe Sam and his wife will man up and give the other half amount. PM and such arent working they are just being a@@ holes.

Well, now you are in the same situation the rest of are that got refunds. (at least the same as me) I got half of my money and I agreed to wait a few weeks for the other half. Maybe give Kim's email a try if you haven't already and ask if she is going to issue you the other half of your refund the same time she sends out the rest. Who knows, maybe if you play nice she might even answer. j/k :lol: