Hickup entering boost

starion1991

Ok so im traceing my issues on my car, its modded with a t3t4 on it and supporting mods

anyway, i got it running good and all that good stuff but when i drive it it seems to hickup and bog right before boost

When i take off from first gear at a stop it kinda bogs and hickups before boost, but when it catches boost its fine and runs great

also when im in any other gear and im going slow and try to accelerate it bogs a little before boost.

dont know what to check out, im thinking it could be the spark plug gap...dont know for shure though. let me know

Could be that your mechanical advance in the distributor is sticky/gummed up.. Take off the cap and rotor, then twist the mechanical advance assembly and let go to see if it snaps back quickly and doesn't get hung up.

http://starquest.i-x.net/viewtopic.php?t=1131

^^ So you can see what the mechanical advance looks like, it's under the rotor and is marked with blue and red "X's", has two springs that keep it tensioned etc..

Mine would hicup under hard accell, just once each time, I suspected vac advance and ordered one, I had problems with my fuel pump not working whenever it felt like it and changedit yesterday- seems like my hicup is gone!

I still may change the vac advance anyway cause of it's age.

Dad