now would not start

Remlor

My throttle boy was leaking gas, so I had a replacement uint sent to me.

This was installed on the car . I tried to start the engine it would not start. It turns but would not start. What could be causing this?

the mechanic that has the car is teling me that the computer has to be replaced. The car was working fine before the throttle body change can he be correct

My throttle boy was leaking gas, so I had a replacement uint sent to me.

And how do you know that the replacement unit doesnt have bad seals, gaskets and leaking injectors also. You have to ask questions before you just go replacing entire units (throttle body). Where was it leaking fuel?? injectors themselves, injector o-rings, fuel pressure regulator, high pressure hose inlet or from the throttle body gaskets themselves. Very seldom does a ECU go bad. I think your mechanic is guessing as to what the problem really is. Do you have spark at the plug wires? Again, Where exactly was the fuel coming from???

CALIBER 308

Did you drain some coolant out before removing the throttle body? If not, you flooded the intake.

Jimmy

I would pull the plugs and check for coolant first. The mechanic may not have known the intake has coolant flowing through it. If he pull the TB without draining coolant, it dumped into the intake. Or if he didn't replace the wierd looking rubber gasket in the middle it will leak coolant. You don't wan't coolant in your cylinders.

Jimmy