Fog Lights

86 ESI Pocket Rocket

In my 86 my fog lights will not turn on unless I turn on my head lights. In all my other vehicles I only need to turn on parking lights to be able to access the fog lights. Are all Starions this way? Can anyone tell me how to re wire Fog Lights to work without having to turn on Headlights?

you have to have the head lights on to turn on the fogs.

starquestgarage.com should have downloadable PDF's of the electronics systems which included wiring diagrams. that's all that would really be needs, just figure out where to tap into i think. i havent done it, as, i see no point in driving with just the fog lights.

you have to have the head lights on to turn on the fogs.

starquestgarage.com should have downloadable PDF's of the electronics systems which included wiring diagrams. that's all that would really be needs, just figure out where to tap into i think. i havent done it, as, i see no point in driving with just the fog lights.

Thanks I will check it out. I like to drive with the fogs on at dusk and for photo shoots. I Just think it looks good. 8)

for "daytime running lamp" type fog light operation, just run a wire from the green wire at the relay, to your fuel pump check connector. anytime the engine is running, the fogs are on, as long as the fog button is pushed in. if the engine isn't running, no fogs, no matter what the switch position. However, if the engine is not running, and the lights are on, the fuel pump WILL run. Using a diode will stop this if you wanna do that.