"MAXIMUM BOOST" book to read before any build

TSirocket

I did a quick search and didnt see that anyone had talked about the book "Maximum Boost" is the best book i have read on turbocharging and turbo engine building, one of my Nissan friends let me borrow a copy and i bought it after i skimmed thru it. As far as im concerned if your going to spend the money to build any car do the research to get what you want. Also great tool for noobs to do it right, will also really help all of you with your engine/turbo mods.

http://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Boost-Turboc...0377&sr=8-1

Little info on the book

Maximum Boost is the definitive book on Turbocharging. This hands-on book gives you the most detailed information available on understanding designing, setting up, testing and modifying your car with a turbocharging system.

Find out what really works and what doesn't, what turbo is right for your needs and what type of setup will give you that extra horsepower. The author shows you how to select and install the right turbo, how to prep the engine, test the systems, integrate a turbo with and electronic fuel injection system or carburetor and even gives detailed troubleshooting information for both OEM and aftermarket turbocharging systems.

You will find valuable information on the following:

* Essentials of turbo system design-- including sizing the turbo, intercooling, fuel system tweaks, preparing the engine, intake and exhaust design.

* Evaluating and installing an aftermarket turbo kit Improving your current turbocharged system.

* Designing and installing your own custom system.

Table of Contents

1. An Engineering Look at the Basics

2. Acquiring a Turbocharged Vehicle

3. Selecting The Turbocharger

4. Turbocharger Lubrication

5. Intercooling

6. Intake Manifold

7. Electronic Fuel Injection

8. Carburetion

9. Events in the Chamber

10. Exhaust Manifold Design

11. Exhaust Systems

12. Boost Controls

13. Preparing the Engine

14. Testing the System

15. Trouble

16. Developments in Turbocharging

17. Bringing it All Together

18. Installing a Turbo Kit

You mean this?

This needs to be a sticky

http://www.freetrust.be/piaa1/Maximum_boost.pdf

Or for $15 to $20 you can support the author and have a physical book to tab and make notes in. ;)

Or you can see it here for free and write on scratch paper.

Mr. Bell would be pleased.

I know, I perused the pdf a bit and remembered why I never bought the book. It was written in the late 80's/early 90's and only some of the basic information still is worth keeping around. Turbo systems and engines have come a long way since then.

Anyway, I think this thread is in the wrong section. It should be in B.S.

• 1 month later...