351 from 95 f150

Jason_L

would it fit... I have a 95 f150 that runs great with the 351 5.8 the truck is just so rusted and its served me very well in the woods but dont need it anymore. would the motor fit? is there a dif in block size from the 302? ive got the perfect car for it.

the windsor block is wider than the 302.as tight as the exhaust is on the 302 id hate to see what it would be on the windsor.not saying its impossible,but youd have your work cut out for you.

Aren't they taller as well? Not sure.

i think they do have a taller deck but i would be more worried about the headers against the steering box.ive got some real tight turns on mine and just cant imagine how tight a windsor would be.but i was thinking someone had done a windsor swap.dont remember any pics of the headers though.might search for it or maybe another site

5.8L with cast iron GT Heads and lightning intake...FTW.

5.0 Explorer headers may make it easier, factory is restrictive so splurge for some aftermarket.

Kane

Edit: Upgraded cam is a must, Trucks cams are poopy for HP.

i think they do have a taller deck but i would be more worried about the headers against the steering box.ive got some real tight turns on mine and just cant imagine how tight a windsor would be.but i was thinking someone had done a windsor swap.dont remember any pics of the headers though.might search for it or maybe another site

I think that car with the 351 had cut and boxed the frame rails.

• 1 month later...

It can be done. It's not easy if you wanna do it right and make it look good. Mine was going to be a monster, but after I changed my mind 100 different friggin times as to what I wanted to do, I just got rid of the car. If you want to do it on the cheap, good luck. But there are parts you can use to ease the hurt. Headers from a Mustang will fit, but you gotta turn them backwards. That's right, they face forwards. This clears the wheel well and frame rails. And that's about it. LOL Custom driveshaft, tranny tunnel needs to be modified or removed and new one fabricated (what I did), LOTS of chassis strengthening for added weight & torque. Matter of fact, you're only adding about 200 lbs switching to this V8 from the 2.6 monstrosity. Hehe Check out my profile and look at my Cardomain page which is my homepage on here. Should have all the pics I have of the car. Should also have all the stuff we did to it. It can be done, believe me, I did it. The 351 is 2" wider and about 2" taller at the valve covers than the 302. The intake manifold is where you gotta get creative. If you wanna make life easy, just get a motor plate for the front and mount the engine that way. That way you can just zip holes for mounting your accessories and you won't have to worry about brackets. RIP OUT ALL THE WIRING YOU KNOW YOU WON'T NEED!!!! I lost over 250 lbs of wires outta that damn car!!! That's about all I can remember.

Laters,

Brian