sunroof trim

nickkrmr

just to let everyone know who has sunroofs and the outside weatherstripping is missing, i found a rubber trim that works great and looks good, seals it right to the top of the car, if any one needs any just let me know thanks nick, i can send enough lenght, you just have to cut to size and install, it just might need a litlle adhisive were the two ends meet so it doent come apart, have it on my car for the last month know and no problems, looks good also,

pics sent, sorry was a litlle dark when i got home if you cant see it to well let me know and i will take some this weekend and send them , thanks nick, i never seen what the origanal trim looked like, but this trim hides the gap and dosnt look bad, i orded alot, it wont be in until friday monday the latest, nick

• 3 weeks later...

He sent me some pics so here they are, and he had this to say also:

the lip that cover the actuall car comes in different sizes , the pics are showing a 3/4 lip comes in 1 and 1 1/4 with a butly glue insert so it self adheres to the glass so it will never slip of if applied in hot temp. but it looks great, if not applied in hot temp it will shrink in the cold and then you will have a 1/4 gap in the seam, alwaly cualk it, thanks nick

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/gcntsi/nycity07110.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/gcntsi/nycity07111.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/gcntsi/nycity07112.jpg

Looks pretty good to me, I think I'll take one, or two.

-GCNTSi.

Pics look good. Only problem in the pics he sent me was the large and ugly gap when the two ends meet eachother. Yuck. I see its blocked in those pice ??

Anyway to make the gap closer? Hmm.

the way to stop the gap is to apply in hot temps, i applied mine in the middle of the winter , i have no garage, i just had this piece but on to show everyone, the trim on the pics does not have the butly glue insert to self adheare, thats why the gap, like i said if applied in hot temps and let the butly adheare there will be no gap, but its better then having the big space between the glass and body, i have no problem sending some one a piece to try out, and they can post the results here, without the butly glue the cold will shrink the rubber, nick

hey kreal , didnt you tell me that you had a couple origanal trim, but didnt want to sell them, and i did explain the reason to you for the gap so why the comment, and the reason the seam is not seen is beacause in these pics i but black silicone over the seam and it blends in so unless you look up close you cant see it, any questions just ask , thanks nick

F the gap lol, looks way better then the oem one i think, and lot cheaper, gap can be fixed with some black weather caulk/silicone lol, could easily blend it

in. one thing is for sure you arent putting a dent in the pocket like you would for an oem one from mitsu. Rockville, MD mitsu said they could get them when i called almost 4 years ago but with discount was still like 125 :shock: so i noooo thank you haha.

Just to let you all know I bought one and put it on, I think it looks great! Looks better than the factory one, it looks like it came on there from the factory. The gap all depends on how good you cut it, at least that was my case, the piece he sent me was longer than needed, so it's all about how good/bad you cut it.

It was kinda hard to get the seal on the glass, it took a lot of working it on around the glass, but I shoulda let it sit in the sunlight before trying to put it on the glass, that probably woulda made it a lot easier. But I definitenly recommend it, I think I will actually buy another and throw it on the shelf for the future, in case I have the car that long.

-GCNTSi.

Just to let you all know I bought one and put it on, I think it looks great! Looks better than the factory one, it looks like it came on there from the factory. The gap all depends on how good you cut it, at least that was my case, the piece he sent me was longer than needed, so it's all about how good/bad you cut it.

It was kinda hard to get the seal on the glass, it took a lot of working it on around the glass, but I shoulda let it sit in the sunlight before trying to put it on the glass, that probably woulda made it a lot easier. But I definitenly recommend it, I think I will actually buy another and throw it on the shelf for the future, in case I have the car that long.

-GCNTSi.

right on brotha :D

• 2 weeks later...