TEC-2 just fried....is there anything cheaper???

So my TEC-2 is fried and a TEC-GT is $1500.

I have a crank sensor, no cam, map sensor, 3-wire ego, stock intake (2 large injectors) on a magna head.

What are the cost/pros/cons of some alternative solutions? Ideally I would like to keep this around $500 but I might be able to go $1000.

Thankx, David.

i got the MegaSquirt 1 from them withthe 3.0 circuit board. also set up for ford EDIS. i had them put in the 4 bar map sensor with barometric correction sensor. awesome little unit. 12X 12 maps. just missing a few little things and i will have it running in no time.

DIYautotune is a grreat company to buy from!

So my TEC-2 is fried and a TEC-GT is $1500.

I have a crank sensor, no cam, map sensor, 3-wire ego, stock intake (2 large injectors) on a magna head.

What are the cost/pros/cons of some alternative solutions? Ideally I would like to keep this around $500 but I might be able to go $1000.

Thankx, David.

Have you inquired on how much to get it fixed?

It maybe just a componant fix like what happened to my Haltech it cost $75 plus shipping and was out for only 7 days.

I leave my ego disabled so that isn't really a necessary item. Have you sent it to them. I've had mine checked out by them a few months ago. They are pretty decent guys. If you are on a tight budget, it might make more sense to get what you have fixed rather than buy another unit.

• 1 year later...