BRAND NEW 105 amp alternator kits!

Guest Star-Orion

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Here's some pictures from their group-buy post.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=62378

The mock-up alternator is just that, a mock-up. The alternators they sell are shiny and new, especially if you get the chrome alternator. B)

"Along with the alternator, we include the necessary bracket to mount it with, the pulley, and the wiring pigtail, all of it brand new parts. We used an older one to to take pics with, mounted on an engine stand, so you can see the setup, and how the belt alignment is. Have a look-see.... "

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3561/p1010119cl0.jpg

"Here's the alignment, with a straight-edge on the pulleys.... "

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9733/p1010122mt4.jpg

"I figured you guys may like to see a built up chrome alternator. "

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5645/picture002ma9.jpg

Thanks Max.

The 105 amp kit is still available. Due to supply issues, I am curently working on an alternate higher amp set-up that will hopefully meet our high standards. Until then, feel free to hit Tim or I up with your requests and we will get the quote with shipping right out. Be sure to include your zip code for accurate pricing.

Thanks,

JR

Edited by jolyrgr

Thanks Max.

The 105 amp kit is still available. Due to supply issues, I am curently working on an alternate higher amp set-up that will hopefully meet our high standards. Until then, feel free to hit Tim or I up with your requests and we will get the quote with shipping right out. Be sure to include your zip code for accurate pricing.

Thanks,

JR

----------------------

PM sent for 105 amp kit

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those looking for a deal, talk to us about a bracket set-up. You could stumble upon something like this

GM REMAN ALT

and use our kit to upgrade for a little over $100 TOTAL.

JR

ps. not my auction nor do I know the seller, just an example.

Edited by jolyrgr

Do these alternator kits fit a 86 widebody too? I remember when my alternator went bad a few years ago I tried the parts car alternator (it was an 87) but its connector was different. When I got another alternator from advance it had a different part number than the later years.

Thanks

John86TSi

Guest Star-Orion
Do these alternator kits fit a 86 widebody too? I remember when my alternator went bad a few years ago I tried the parts car alternator (it was an 87) but its connector was different. When I got another alternator from advance it had a different part number than the later years.

Thanks

John86TSi

You will splice in the pig-tail with the supplied connectors, so the kits will work for all years. The cases for the different year alts were all mounted/spaced the same so the bracket will work as well.

Good question tho, thanks.

Guest Star-Orion
any new info? pls pm price. thanks!

Sorry, I thought I sent you the info.....I will get it in the morning. I am at work and cannot access the info from here.

Once again, I apollogise for the delay.

JR Lauer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...