55 lb injectors and 60-1 turbo

Now that my MPI is running on a 12a turbo, I was wondering if my 55lb injectors will support a 60-1 turbo. I already have the turbo and manifold, anxious to slap it on, but wondering if I need new injectors.

CaliConquestAlex looks to be running something similiar...

1988 Conquest TSI MAGNA, MEGASQUIRT 2, 55 lb delphi injectors, T70 turbo w/BEP turbine housing, Fresh bottom end rebuild, HD valve springs, Spec stage 3 clutch, Schnieder 284m cam, Custom exhaust, LC-1 WBO2

It's not so much a matter of "will it support it." Yes it will support it. It's a matter of how much boost, versus the duty cycle (yes I said dooty).

I'm not sure what kind of boost he was running. I don't think he was maxing out the turbo. You have more fuel than the stock system. And if worst came to worse, the fuel pressure could be turned up, which will result in a little more fuel for you. Injector are usually rated at something like 35psi, I believe. Sometimes you can find the spec's of them at 35 and then say 40 psi.

I personally would say throw it on. But take baby steps with tuning and turning up the boost. Keep and eye on your A/F and injector duty. If the number on your injectors are is past 90%, you know that's it. I imagine you can possible run 20psi.

I will say on the stock setup, I had a bad secondary in my 87. I barrowed my brothers 850 from his 86 and threw it in. I ran 14psi on the 12a, and at the beginning of the next season before I went MPI. I had my header built and Holset turbo. I slapped them on and was hitting 14psi a few times. I know on the Holset it was a little lean, but I didn't have any real problems.

Shawn

dunno if the ebay T-70 is any bigger than a 46trim T04E compressor. Coupled with a 'P-trim' I believe.

I recall someone measureing one on another forum.

Probably have to crank fuel pressure up on 550s to feed a 60-1 @20psi. 60-1 still make exciting power @15 tho.

• 2 weeks later...
dunno if the ebay T-70 is any bigger than a 46trim T04E compressor. Coupled with a 'P-trim' I believe.

I recall someone measureing one on another forum.

Probably have to crank fuel pressure up on 550s to feed a 60-1 @20psi. 60-1 still make exciting power @15 tho.

ebay t70 compressor is much bigger than a 46trim t04e ;)

here is another case where ebay T-70 actually disassembled, measured,

and made a hybrid from it.

http://www.miataturbo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10833

Some ebay T-70 dynos I've seen consistent with ~46 trim

Sure housing is big, but compresor wheel 'looks relatively small'.

My "big diesel" turbo looks very similar to the ebay T-70. I measured

my wheels as exactly that; 46-trim T04E cold & P-trim hot.

46 still an excellent wheel tho

What did you measure the ebay T-70 wheels as ?