GP: MK1 SS MANIFOLD *PAYMENT DUE*

101PROPOSE

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the thickness of the tubing? how long until you will have them, depending on the material thickness I am in for the GP price.

pagemo,

i measured the sample i have and looks like it is about 0.05" thick but i will double check with the manufacturer and let you know

thanks,

http://www.mookeeh.com/starquest/manithick1.jpg

Couple of questions:

1st: Are the ones we actually buy going to have to the waste gate tube in the same place or will it be moved?

2nd: If it will be in the same place how much of a negative effect will it have if any?

3rd: How will this header effect the stock location of the turbo and exhaust if any?

Basically what I'm getting at here is I already have alot of aftermarket parts (16G, Kelly's hard pipe kit & exhaust) that I'm getting ready to install and I don't want to buy anything that I can't get to match up. But I really want this thing. It's awsome!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for are your hard work and devotion.

Couple of questions:

1st: Are the ones we actually buy going to have to the waste gate tube in the same place or will it be moved?

2nd: If it will be in the same place how much of a negative effect will it have if any?

3rd: How will this header effect the stock location of the turbo and exhaust if any?

Basically what I'm getting at here is I already have alot of aftermarket parts (16G, Kelly's hard pipe kit & exhaust) that I'm getting ready to install and I don't want to buy anything that I can't get to match up. But I really want this thing. It's awsome!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for are your hard work and devotion.

88_ESI_R,

thanks for your interest. here are the answers to your q's

1 - no the wastegate pipe will stay at the same location.

2 - talked to & heard from many people(racers, mechanics, perfomance parts suppliers, sqc forum members and etc.) about the location of the wastegate and some said neg and some said didnt matter.

3 - i tested the manifold and the stock turbo will bolt right on to this manifold without modifying anything. basically, this has turbo flange at the exact same location as the stock manifold and does not hit any stock parts.(please check pictures i posted)

thanks,