progress pics of my 19" wheel install.

LOL..

At first I was like, no way did he get the same god damn rims I have.. :lol: :lol:

But they're different for sure..

What sizes and offsets did you end up with?

I got 25mm offset in the front and 35mm in the rear but after my adapters in the rear I ended up with 2mm offset. I cut the fender lip in half to make some more clearance. I have a fingers gap between the tire and fender lip. Is that about what you have justpaus?

Mine are 8.5's up front with a +15mm offset and 10.5's in the rear with +22mm offsets with a spacer for a total rear offset of -3mm.. I can't even get my pinky finger between the tire/fender, with rolled fender lips.

235/35's on front and 275/30's in back..

What width rims did you go with? Here's a couple pics of mine..

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10162/IMG_6540.JPG

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10162/IMG_6537.JPG

I'm just glad to see more people actually get some balls and run big/wide rims.. You could've got the same rims I have and i'd be cool with it.. Like it really matters.. I'll be changing body and rim color in the near future anyways..

Just a warning though, be prepared for people to PM you and hate.. LOL "why'd you go so big?" "The 16's are better" Blah blah blah.. Like I threw the stockers in the trash or something.. :lol:

I ended up getting 8.5 wide in the front like you but only 9.5 out back, I could find the 10.5's for a decent price! You were a big inspration to me! and I'm glad mine is almost done! Im still waiting for my front tires to be delivered then Ill be back on the road! Im sure its gonna be a fun car now with all new suspension and wheels!

• 5 months later...

looks good man, although im am getting tired of the black wheel with polished lip, it works well for your car. and props for going to a wheel other than stock.

I'm just glad to see more people actually get some balls and run big/wide rims.. You could've got the same rims I have and i'd be cool with it.. Like it really matters.. I'll be changing body and rim color in the near future anyways..

its funny you say that... i just ordered some 18x9 +29 and 18x10 +28

If I go 16X7 panasports what offset should it be 18? Is our bolt pattern 4x4.5"

its actually 5x114.3mm which is the same as 5x4.5in.

the width will greatly affect your offset, and 7's all around would not look right.

i can figure the offsets for you in a little while, (its raining at the moment).

looks good man, although im am getting tired of the black wheel with polished lip, it works well for your car. and props for going to a wheel other than stock.

its funny you say that... i just ordered some 18x9 +29 and 18x10 +28

Spacers front and rear. :wink:

As for W87NBS's post.. He might have a flatbody.

Where are you guys getting your spacers from? Any good sites besides eBay with deals on wheels? I have an SHP car and wish to change the look by purchasing 18" wheels. I'd still store the OEM wheels for the future.

Tks,

Jms

BALLIN' with 19's!! Fills up the wheel gap perfectly. Looks great man.

But wait... where have I seen this before...?! Feels like deja vu!! LOL... twiiiiiiiiiiins!!

Just a warning though, be prepared for people to PM you and hate.. LOL "why'd you go so big?" "The 16's are better" Blah blah blah.. Like I threw the stockers in the trash or something.. :lol:

Ok ok... I'll stop, and put down that tall glass of haterade I just poured.

-Robert

Spacers front and rear. :wink:

As for W87NBS's post.. He might have a flatbody.

no spacers. measured it out several times, and i think it'll work with out them. if not i can send them back and get new barrels put on for free. at any offset i want.

the only thing ill need spacers for is if the rim rubs the suspesion on the rear.

Brother.. Check the BS section for Monty's post about some 17's he's looking at.. I measured my clearance's and posted how they relate to what he's looking at(17x9's and 17x10's) with lower offsets than what you plan on..

Not only will your rims rub, they won't even mount flush to the hub. Spacers front and rear for 9's(+29mm) and 10's(+28mm)... Not to mention you need coilovers and cut spring perches, even then they still won't mount flush with high offsets like those.

Brother.. Check the BS section for Monty's post about some 17's he's looking at.. I measured my clearance's and posted how they relate to what he's looking at(17x9's and 17x10's) with lower offsets than what you plan on..

Not only will your rims rub, they won't even mount flush to the hub. Spacers front and rear for 9's(+29mm) and 10's(+28mm)... Not to mention you need coilovers and cut spring perches, even then they still won't mount flush with high offsets like those.

my bad man, i posted the wrong offset numbers, there negitive numbers not positive...

i get the two mixed up more than i should.

• 3 weeks later...