POSSIBLE MOOKEEH MK1 18" MODIFIED STOCK WHEELS

101PROPOSE

okay.

so it sounds like members prefer to have different size rims and $300.00 per wheels seems fair.

seems like there are about 4 possible orders.

i wonder if there will be more members interested in this GP if they cost less than $300.00 per wheel.

i will keep searching for other wheel manufacutures to get lowerest price possible.

thanks,

It is my understanding that Boyd Coddington was willing to do these when another members requesteda year or two ago, and the price was similar IIRC.

You can count on them being high quality too, they have made more custom wheels than just about anyone, no worries about defects.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there different options (materials, processes) available to you that will affect the weight? I have 18" wheels new and they are definitely a lot heavier, so any weight savings is gold.

I like the preliminary CAD drawings... but the lip will be rolled correct? Similar to this CAD drawing I put together?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/nicolaza04/untitled-1.jpg

Also, I see that in your picture there's no dip in like the stock rims have. I was going to incorporate it into mine but I didn't want to put in the time, :oops:

But what I mean is on that SHP rims, there's an obvious width difference due to the slope from the circumference into the center point that's greater in the rear than the front. Will that be incorporated or is the front and rear going to be completely flat?

Also, would the manufacturer have a problem perhaps painting some of them different ways as requested by each person? Or would that be too much hassle to have that many individual orders. I'm talking about something like the picture below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/nicolaza04/untitled2.jpg

Thanks for looking into this for us.

Anthony

I like the preliminary CAD drawings... but the lip will be rolled correct? Similar to this CAD drawing I put together?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/nicolaza04/untitled-1.jpg

Also, I see that in your picture there's no dip in like the stock rims have. I was going to incorporate it into mine but I didn't want to put in the time, :oops:

But what I mean is on that SHP rims, there's an obvious width difference due to the slope from the circumference into the center point that's greater in the rear than the front. Will that be incorporated or is the front and rear going to be completely flat?

Also, would the manufacturer have a problem perhaps painting some of them different ways as requested by each person? Or would that be too much hassle to have that many individual orders. I'm talking about something like the picture below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/nicolaza04/untitled2.jpg

Thanks for looking into this for us.

Anthony

Anthony,

thanks for the drawings. they look great.

i will keep checking on this.

thanks,

• 11 months later...
Any new info on the rims i'm sure i would be down for a set if it is a 6 month- 1 year deal. thanks hondaiceman

Our cars will look so nice with these rims!!!!!!!

hondaiceman,

thanks for your interest but due to the lack of members interest, i am not working on this at this moment.

i will try it again later.

thanks,

Let's not forget about the 240 guys, and even 300zx guys. They LOVE staggered offsets, or deep dish rims... especially ours. Or even VIP styled cars. Your customer base for wheels like this is much larger than just us. I'd throw these on the wifey's car as well, depending on the spoke pattern and lip arrangement... some more fine tuning needed on those prelim CAD drawings.

I'd personally like 17's... in 8"... tires are cheaper and wheels are lighter.

$250 a wheel, is fairly reasonable depending on the company making them. $300 for 18's is a standard price.

-Robert

Let's not forget about the 240 guys, and even 300zx guys. They LOVE staggered offsets, or deep dish rims... especially ours. Or even VIP styled cars. Your customer base for wheels like this is much larger than just us. I'd throw these on the wifey's car as well, depending on the spoke pattern and lip arrangement... some more fine tuning needed on those prelim CAD drawings.

I'd personally like 17's... in 8"... tires are cheaper and wheels are lighter.

$250 a wheel, is fairly reasonable depending on the company making them. $300 for 18's is a standard price.

-Robert

Exactly what I was thinking while reading this. MANY people are using our rims on other cars. You should look into potential interest from those communities before judging this project based on our smaller (and more financially strapped) community here. Those kids have some serious dough. If these could be offered in their offset, you just found a winner.

I'll agree with Chad on this one for sizing: 8-9 up front and 9-10" in the rear, since most members here still use the car on the street. Handling and clearance issues are very relevant. Aluminum would be the way to go also, and I would think should be cheaper than chrome too right?

Can't say I'm up for rims now though. The last thing on my list...well, maybe ahead of body/paint if these tiny 87 wheels can't put the power to the pavement tho.

Best regards.

I agree with you and Chad. I'm definitely in for a complete set of 17" or 18" rims that are 8" to 9" wide in the front and 9" to 10" wide in the rear. If 101 is making them I'm sure the quality will be first rate!

I'll agree with Chad on this one for sizing: 8-9 up front and 9-10" in the rear, since most members here still use the car on the street. Handling and clearance issues are very relevant. Aluminum would be the way to go also

I would like to see a black rim with chrome lip and chrome center cap. Also to add, that is a pretty reasonable cost, seeing as anywhere else you go for a quality rims you'll easily pay that per rim. That first rim is the best. The others, not so much. I think there was someone else who posted about our stock type rim except he made them 18 and 19s. Looked exactly the same. My ideal set would be 18x9 front and 18x10 rear with correct offsets, don't want to bother with those damn spacers. Keep us posted, I'm definitely down if they look sweet.