MSD 6AL $175 shipped---SOLD---

Quest340

Used MSD 6AL. THis has the rev limiter built in. Like new, in gorgeous shape. Just bench tested today, works great. Only comes with 3000 range modules, you'll have to purchase your desired modules. This sells for $238 from Summit. Will sell for $175 shipped to your door. P.M. or e-mail ELSHAUG4545@MSN.COM. This was used for a short time on an industrial heavy duty engine for the rev limit function. Customer changed his mind and we pulled it off. Very little usehttp://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10249/thumb_IMG_3969.JPG

I was looking on the MSD site and it appeared that a replacement rev limiter module was $80. Am I wrong? This would make the price higher than a new one from Summit. Maybe they would exchange it for free if the original purchaser called.

Not sure what you looked up. The modules come in 5 packs to fine tune your RPM rev limit. They are $29 for the 5 packs. Stock it came with 3000,6000,7000,&8000 rpm modules. Probably would have to buy something different anyway.I think you may even buy them individually at Schucks or local speed shop. You can buy the adjustable rev module that plugs in and has like 10 or 12 differnt limit points for $50

he is looking up the wrong thing! the original msd 6a (not al) had no internal limiter and you had to buy the add on.

the pills in question come in packs of i believe 8 (i have to go look in the garage) and are 27.99.

The MSD 6al only comes with 3 3000, 6000 and 7000

this is a decent deal on a practically brand new unit, If i needed one i would jump on it.

Is the registration card still with it, as this is what i would consider the most important part. For warranty purposes.

MontyTSI, Yeah product registration is still there. The white pill modules for 6,7,and 8 grand are missing. I have a sack of 3000,3200,3400 and 3800 rpm white pill RPM modules.Won't do much good except for trading.If you want 2 differnt rev limits you have to buy a seperate 2 stage setup. THat uses one rpm for staging and one for top end. This only has a socket for ONE rpm module/pill.

This is the 6AL. which comes with built in rev limiter, single stage not a 2 stage. Module/pill plug into the side of the control box to establish rev limit point. If you want a 2 stage you have to buy and add on which plugs into the module/pill socket and has external trigger to toggle between 2 seperate rpm modules/pills for lauch and top end controls but you stil use the white modules/pills.

I'd like one limiter to protect against over-revving, and the second for launching.

So is the rev limiter mentioned here essentialy a Two Step, or is that second limiter the add-on?

using a 6al you need to add the two step into the rev limtier port, i use the 2 step on my msd.. you need the 6al to use this feature (its still cheaper than going digi 6 which has 2 limiters built in but its over 100 more than he is asking.)