Dyno and Track results.

emagdnim

We need it, I have a feeling this year might turn out some good times, but SCCA and at the drag strip.

I know it will be a few months before I post in this forum, but a lot of you have new MPi set-ups and warm weather.

Let's get the party started shall we?

Any oppose this idea?

I don't understand what you are looking for.

They are in the forum. Both are stickys.

One is at the top of the engine mods page and one is in the war stories.

You can add to them whenever you like, they are always on top.

What did you want that would be different?

It's not that hard, the guys who actually race there cars on a track deserve a section, and "war storys" isnt one of them, as well as "engine mods"...

what does "war story's" and "engine mods" have to do with you posting your best lap or drag time at your local events? which, in turn..local racing events is more information that could be added into this section by members.

With all of that said, I don't want to goto 2 completely different forums to read on the same cars and drivers.

Sam i think that you need to remember that this site isnt here to just catter to you.. its the internet tooo its not like its too hard to click from page to page in the forum...if theres a place here to post your stuff like dyno numbers and times then put it there and be happy..

No one said anything about catering, you just called out everyone with a post in the "site wish list" Because they all want the site to cater to them... am I right?

I doubt you'll ever be serious about racing your car or will ever have a respectable track time to post, so I can see why you don't care about a forum for the guys who actually do. :wink:

sam some ppl could care less about track times ,

im willing to wager that lets say 10 years youre cars will be trashed and or sold off you care less about the starquest as is all you care about is how much you can mod it and make it look like a$$ and you are really good at that.

ive seen you have harsh words with just about 60 % of the daily questers why dont you find some place else too pi$$ ppl of at you have got too be the biggest a$$clown i have ever come across ive tryed too bite my tounge after are first run in but you continue too be a moron and cause troubles with other members and i think you need too go wash and wax ure car as u like saying and just never return

sam some ppl could care less about track times

Yep, if your one of those who don't care, you don't need to not post here or read the new topic. It's that simple. Just because some people "like you" don't care about modding your car, or track times doesn't mean other members feel the same way.

im willing to wager that lets say 10 years youre cars will be trashed and or sold off you care less about the starquest as is all you care about is how much you can mod it and make it look like a$$ and you are really good at that.

Yea, in ten years your car will be 30 years old, and because you can't afford anything else you'll still have the same stock rio red POS... while i'm modding my EVO's (my wifes and mine, that is) And, I'm willing to bet ill probably have 2 full out drag Starions by that time also.

ive seen you have harsh words with just about 60 % of the daily questers why dont you find some place else too pi$$ ppl of at you have got too be the biggest a$$clown i have ever come across ive tryed too bite my tounge after are first run in but you continue too be a moron and cause troubles with other members and i think you need too go wash and wax ure car as u like saying and just never return

Yes, I have realized that right after you couldn't afford my turbo door handles for $40, you have been riding my balls ever since.... but, if I was you, I would feel lucky, because usually I don't respond to immature run-on post I have to read three times to understand. :wink:

Not to mention, you've been here how long and have not posted one technical advanced anything topic, had an idea, or even come close to being a part of anyone's technical topic... you're just another follower (not to mention the others who hate it) I'll have to keep dealing with for another 10 years. ;)

It's not that hard, the guys who actually race there cars on a track deserve a section, and "war storys" isnt one of them, as well as "engine mods"...

what does "war story's" and "engine mods" have to do with you posting your best lap or drag time at your local events? which, in turn..local racing events is more information that could be added into this section by members.

With all of that said, I don't want to goto 2 completely different forums to read on the same cars and drivers.

I "actually race" my cars on a track and "engine mods" is a great place for dyno runs.

The "war stories" thread is a little off the beat for track times but it works for me.

Why would you want one section for engine mods, then have to go to another to find the dyno sheet?

I'm all for the ideas being kicked around, but i don't think enough new info would be posted to need its own section.

Just MHO.

sam some ppl could care less about track times

Yep, if your one of those who don't care, you don't need to not post here or read the new topic. It's that simple. Just because some people "like you" don't care about modding your car, or track times doesn't mean other members feel the same way.

thats why i said most ppl not all duh

Yea, in ten years your car will be 30 years old, and because you can't afford anything else you'll still have the same stock rio red POS... while i'm modding my EVO's (my wifes and mine, that is) And, I'm willing to bet ill probably have 2 full out drag Starions by that time also.

my car is far from stock but i have done tasteful mods summin you have no clue about and in 10 years u may have evos but all ure quests will be junk cause no one is going too buy them when ure done with them thats for damnnn sure

Yes, I have realized that right after you couldn't afford my turbo door handles for $40, you have been riding my balls ever since.... but, if I was you, I would feel lucky, because usually I don't respond to immature run-on post I have to read three times to understand. :wink:

Not to mention, you've been here how long and have not posted one technical advanced anything topic, had an idea, or even come close to being a part of anyone's technical topic... you're just another follower (not to mention the others who hate it) I'll have to keep dealing with for another 10 years. ;)

i thought ure door handles was high priced for the condition 40 bucks aint crap but at the time i didnt wanna hurt ure feelings of course i didnt know you then and ive helped ppl but mainly in chat but the best way you can help is too find someplace else too be a know it all at

maybe just change the title "war stories" to something track oriented and erase the 1000 " i beat a 90 hp fwd car with my stock SQ " threds? that might help promote the kind of threds we're looking for. :wink:

I totally agree with you BROTHA!!!!!!!!!

No, what we actually need is something like this for both track and dyno results.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/timeslips.php

Break it up just like they have it and it will be perfect!

phil

They have over 450 members times reported.

We can't even fill up a top 25 list :?

I really like the way they have it set up at DSM tuners, but we would have like 2-4 members on each page if we broke it up like that.

The reality is if we get more members going to the track and posting times then there will be a need.

Every year we have a meet at the Gainesville drag strip.

We are lucky if even 1/3 of the cars that show make a run down the track.

And if we are really lucky we might just see one break into the 12's.

I think a lot of our members are just enjoying their cars for what they are, instead of just thrashing them at the track.

Okay, how about this?

Keep the WAR STORIES Forum for random street brawls & BS

ADD the following FORUMS up front with War Stories:

- DYNO Times

- DRAG TIMES 1/4 mile

- DRAG TIMES 1/8 mile

- SHOW AWARDS (not likely to get much action now, but should at least add a podium of praise for members to strive for)

At the top of each of them, a sticky thread could exist as a running list of top 25 times, dynos, etc.

Possibly seperate sticky top 25 lists for TB & MPI also.

This would allow each member to post their own thread & time, and get individual feedback, praise, or heckling for. We'd all still get our public acheivements known easily by all with the top 25 sticky lists.

[/size]