Need some info on swapable engines

XxKo0pAxX

Hey wuts up guys.I jus recently bought a white 88 chrysler conquest from a relative a couple days ago.I bought it because i enjoyed riding in it and loved the torque it had.It was just a fun car to drive and be in.Well im thinkin about swappin the engine in it for another.The problem is ive tried lookin into this but to be honest im not really car savy.Im only 17 years and im havin a bit of trouble finding out wut some engines are for ex.4G63(Eclipse engine?)The car i bought was changed from an auto to a manual,been through 2 engines so i really wanna swap the engine to have a fun but relaible car.Basically im asking if anyone could give some suggestions on wut engines could be swapped and also wut would need to be fabricated to fit,firewall modifications,and info u guys can give me would be very helpful.Thanx for any help u guys can give. will post pics later :)

Ohh man, I'm gonna tell you nicely before the search Nazi's get to ya. Do a search for "4g63 swap" and you'll answer most of your questions.

www.projectzerog.com

is an excellent resource as well.

Do you homework and turn off the bold type. After you've read a little bit try to give some specific questions, and you'll get a lot more responses.

I'm doing the swap myself so I'll help after you've read a little on projectzerog

Kane

Ive heard and seen pics of, ls1', 1jz, 2jz, for that matter could grab a 7mgte or 1ggte (supra engines) 4g63, heard a rumor about a 3000gt swap. I imagine you could put a late 80's v6 from a 300z into our car. A few 302 swaps.

When it comes to going fast reliably or putting anything into a car it didnt comes with, their is only one limiting factor.

Money.

So figure out how much any of those swaps will cost to have someone to do for you, or how much to rebuild your g54b to make it relatively fast and much more reliable. Id go the route of some hyper U' pistons a few arp goodies, and a marnel head with an after market cam. That with a 14b-16g and some other bolt on support mods will effectively make you relatively quick and reliable. Fuel is a big issue on our cars lots of topics on the subject if you search.

Just decide which fits your goals of going fast, and being reliable and stays within our financial ability.

I imagine you could put a late 80's v6 from a 300z

you dont have to imagine,it was done and the car was for sale in LA.I think it was the v6 from an M30 but basically the same engine.

what will fit,anything you can imagine and have enought money to do :wink:

Well Thanx for the link.Looked into the site and tried to research it for a day.Next day I called up an engine importer to see if they had one.They had some for about 2300 and up.Hanged up and started to think about the labor costs and money i had to spend and jus decided its not in my budget range.Maybe some other time......I did however call back and bought another conquest engine for 700 bucks.Ill be postin pics of the car and work being done after i give it a good deserved wash.:)Giving the engine bay a pressure washing and hopefully i dont blow this engine.This cars been through 3 engines soo if yall have any tips on NOT blowing my engine it would be helpful lol.Later

Keep it cool. Heat related failures are very common. The radiators, fans, sensors, and wiring are nearly 20 year old. Make sure everything is working. New motor? Have the radiator either re-cored, or rodded. Replace the thermosensors (fan switches) on the bottom of the radiator with two new sensors (both the lower temp). The search function is your friend, and expect to put some time and cash into the car to keep it running, and running right. Here's a website with a ton of good info on our cars;

http://starquest.i-x.net/viewforum.php?f=1...5a6e9de39ade3f7

And if you need engine parts, there are a few vendors here. "DAD sells new internal stuff (seals, bearings, BSEK's, etc...), here;

http://www.enginemachineservice.com/conquest.html

"kellydahman", and a few others contribute to the upgrade list too.

Just keep your head while driving, keep up on the maintenance, and don't expect your motor to constantly turn 7k, and you'll be ok.

i say that you just put in a 440 with a six pak...i have one with a 727 if ya need it...lol :lol:

is thats a 440 with a six pack..or is that an original 6 pack 440... you know what im getting at.

to use is youd have to build a complete frame and back half the car. No way the stock chassis on the quest is going to support the low end torque of that motor. Even stock the original 440 six pack motor were really around 500 hp 500 tq

is thats a 440 with a six pack..or is that an original 6 pack 440... you know what im getting at.
nah.it's a real steel crank 440 that's all original (4bbl) and my boss has the M.P./Holley 6pak combo for a 440,but it didn't come with it.

he seriously wants to buy a quest and put a 440/6bbl/727/3:45 set up in it.

if you wanna bring me that 440 w/ trans id be more than happy to put it in my quest. :lol:

can you deliver to Mishawaka, Indiana in about a week?

anything can be delivered for the right amount of loot :lol:

you want a TNT or a Commando? :wink:

http://s09.picshome.com/dd7/71_440_tnt_2.jpg

http://s09.picshome.com/dd7/71_440_tnt_1.jpg

http://s09.picshome.com/dd7/440_727_1.jpg

sorry for the thread hijack,man