MPI whats the difference?

Thanks for the info guys.

I'm not after timing control for this particular project, only want to get rid of the unreliable old plastic box.

Reason I ask is I recall reading way back on aussie forum of starions using a GM module 'mod'... I'm wondering if this 'totally different' HEI 4 is the simple inexpensive solution then ?

Could our oe distributor trigger this to fire our coil with a simple hookup ?

Well I can't help much with the HEI 4 since I have no experience with it. I'm serious you should just control timing. Timing will help alot of performance on any cars. It doesn't cost anymore than what you pay for fuel only beause its included in the kit and very simple to change over.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the biggest problems are the i/o's on the cpu and the memory location/addresses.

they are porting msns-e over to the msII cpu.

sounds easy, but it isnt.

once its ported over and working, i'll think about getting msII.

more memory = higher resolution maps!

oh and it supports higher baud speed.. and sample rates, and has more inputs/outputs...

i guess to anwser IW's question, (i deal with this type of stuff on a daily basis though not on automobile ecus)

sometimes it comes down to the chip architecture it self, sometimes its the board design on which the new processor now sits, and sometimes in development the space available for bussing on the new board all needs to be sorted out.

its R&D stuff and a company like this that develops low cost DYI kits relies on its end users to do the fine tuning to the design by giving feedback and such. Im sure more than a few hand picked guys are already running it on MSII for preliminary R&D and debugging.

i now understand. but i wish the firmware and or software could be ran on a nice 2.66 Ghz :D wouldn't that be sweet! then the overclocking then more RAM, :lol: multiple 256 X 256 maps 8)

on a side note!

thanks for all your replies, time , and info you all provided.

IW,