oil cooler front panel

sittin-sideways

do your own thing....just be mindful of the parts that are hard to replace in case your taste changes in the future :)

Monty

And realize that doing these types of "air mods" without a way of testing pressure zones before, during and after is just guesswork for the hopefull. Air does funny things at speed, and sometimes it does the exact opposite of what you want.

Eh, no one cares though. :?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the thread again.The dude posted stating he was looking for a post that contained a picture of this particular car..Nowhere in his question did he ask for your rude comments.They were totally uncalled for..As to why your comment piss me off-The person that owned this car before me spent tons of manhours on this car to get it back into the condition as shown in the pics above.I know it took plenty of money,broken knuckle skins,and personal time to do it..He frequents this board often and I dont think he would appreciate your rude comments either..As far as calling you out,,Do you think Im intimidated by your higher post count?To me it proves nothing except that you are good at running your mouth.Ive been around the Starquest boards since 95 and stopped posting long ago because of idiots like you showing up..I normally wouldnt say anything but Im pretty sure Ive seen you in other threads knocking peoples property(Wasnt it Kronus car?)..I understand everyone has a right to their opinion.(Example)Emagdnim stated it wasnt his cup of tea..That is fine.His offered his opinion in a nice way and thats that.But to sit there and insult someones work by calling it ugly is a personal attack on a personal level..With that said,your the one who is calling people out..With that said,I stand by my comment..Your pickup is ugly and so was your Starquest with those hideous looking rims :lol:

I really don't care if you like my rims or not,i did not post a pic up asking your opinion either.

As far as your silver car,the mod looks to be well done but it is ugly...looks ricey.Thats my opinion...sorry to offend you.But it is just like my v8 car,people will disagree about the looks or mod.Some will like it,some not.

now,as far as opinions,they are like a$$hoiles,everyone has them,to bad people like you are one :wink:

and as far as Kronus post is concerned,more people than myself agreed on the same thing.Go back and read the post. :wink:

I do not bash people other than those who ask for it,but like most on here,I will state my opinion.I think you have a personal beef with me and that is fine.You can even say bad things about my truck and my rim,my car etc...but both are worth more than any of your POS.And i would be safe to say both or more dependable than yours also :shock:

and the truck was owned by another member on here before me.I guess his blood,sweat and tears aren't worth the same merit as the previous owner of the silver car you now own huh?

How many magazines are dedicated to trucks and specifically chevy trucks and older trucks in general? how many mags do you see with starquests in them? You may notlike the ole chevy truck,but alot...ALOT of people prefer them.And I havn't ever seen one with a big ole blow hole cut into the front end... :lol:

When are you going to really put the rims on the truck?

Photoshop was so five minutes ago. :wink:

If you could, edit in a field and stream logo and put a gun rack on the back of it....thanks! haha.

Oh, and another thing... if you dish it out, expect to take it too.

Little girls pull hair, and both usually pull.... and scratch. :D

Whats the matter??Did I strike a nerve talking about your truck?What color is it anyway,bathroom Green??Bottom line is the question the guy asked was does anyone know where to find the pic..NOT what is your opinion of it.So you took it upon yourself to offer your opinion,I did the same and now you dont like it.That sound about right to you?As far as your vehicles being worth more than mine,please dont go there.I have pictures of every vehicle Ive ever owned and non of them were unfinished backyard projects like the ones posted so proudly in your sig.In fact Im surprised you have time to go online.Shouldnt you be outside sanding your fenders or something?Get a life loser..

On a side note,Id like to apologize to Mike K. and the other mods for my behavior in this thread.You know I have been around forever and Ive never had a single incident with anyone.Im just tired of people that feel the need to insult others at any given moment..Please understand that its guys like this guy that have cost us valuable members over the years like Scott Lambson,JJG,ect..I know for a fact that is why some of these guys arent around anymore.I said what I had to say to StarV8Quest and now Im done.You will not here anymore on the matter from me..Go ahead StarV8Quest.I know you have to have the last word.

I have know Mitsumark to be on these boards since I joined in 1999-2000 I have never seen him argue w anyone, that I can remember .

He earned his wings long ago and has always had my respect! Old School folks on these boards are rare anymore and by the looks of things they still step up to the plate and own when all else fails ;)

http://jinkerweb.com/images/potatowned.gif

old school folks...maybe thats what is wrong on here,most of the "old school" guys have their head so far up their holes when they talk,they actually fart and talk poop and don't even know it.

My last word on this,if you need to cut the front header panel for more airflow,then you have other issues to deal with.Cutting holes doesn't solve it :wink:

and as far as me "earning" my wings on here,I am not out to prove anything to anyone.

and scotty,I took back those taillites after you screwed them up and had them for over a month.I didn't question you when you said you never looked at them,Since you were one of the "old timers" on here,I took your word on it.I gave you your cash back no questions asked.I guess that didn't earn much browny points with you huh?

and mark,you might want to get off the net and sand and bondo some more.Your header panel is off :roll:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2285/sneeze1hd7.jpg

Who said anything about having "issues" and needed to cut the panel because of it?

This was a strictly on how aesthetically pleasing cutting of the header panel would be. :wink:

"aesthetically pleasing"

you hit the nail on the head,thank you...it isn't pleasing,it is fugly and thats my opinion and I thought in the good ole USA I still had that right :roll:

might as well put a park bench spoiler on the rear and slap some APC decals on it also. :lol:

It's his car man, leave it alone... your going all out on some other guys grill.

I can appreciate the work that went into it.

Not to be a huge d***, Have you ever even TRIED to do something like that?

From my view, you haven't... or you would know how hard it is, and wouldn't be posting like that.

Who said anything about having "issues" and needed to cut the panel because of it?

This was a strictly on how aesthetically pleasing cutting of the header panel would be. :wink:

"aesthetically pleasing"

you hit the nail on the head,thank you...it isn't pleasing,it is fugly and thats my opinion and I thought in the good ole USA I still had that right :roll:

might as well put a park bench spoiler on the rear and slap some APC decals on it also. :lol:

And this is still a privately owned and run site, so any of my speach can be erased at any time!!! You are free to speak, but bash is another thing. just my 2.6 cents

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2285/sneeze1hd7.jpg

I agree with that..

wt.... is with that ?

thats the main reason i like arts over this one. if you didnt mold the header panel into the whatever that thing is called, it would look good.

and mark,you might want to get off the net and sand and bondo some more.Your header panel is off...

Thanks for pointing that out.I'll be sure to pass the info to the new owner :)

Monty-Its hard to imagine 9 outta 10 not liking your car.It looks great to me :)

Scotty-Thanks for the kind words.You will always have a place in my heart :)

In all seriousness.I dont know how all of this airflow mumbo jumbo got started.We are not talking about a space flight vehicle.Im pretty sure the previous owner did the header panel for appearance purposes only.No,it is not 100% perfect,and it may not be everyones cup of tea..But considering what the car looked like before he got started,Id say he did a great job.

To the guy that started this thread,you should be BANNED..See what you started..Just kidding :D :D

[

In all seriousness.I dont know how all of this airflow mumbo jumbo got started.We are not talking about a space flight vehicle.Im pretty sure the previous owner did the header panel for appearance purposes only.

Umm, I mentioned how to effectively make the intercooler, oil cooler and radiator work better.. Space flight vehicle? Then I guess the knowledge learned from real race cars doesn't transfer to street cars? :lol:

I didn't say a word about if I thought the vent "looked good", as that's subjective. :wink: Emagdnim had it right, this kind of work isn't for everyone. Being that i've had my hands in making things from FG and CF, I can definately appreciate the work that went into it. The vent can be made to work, but it seems nobody here cares to learn how. No big deal for me really. :wink:

If you think aerodynamics, pressure difference's and such is mumbo jumbo and has no bearing on this, then quote what I said and challenge my statements. I will clarify anything to the best of my abilities. :D

My friend with a FC RX7 looked at me weird when I was explaining all this to him aswell. Until I showed him that his hood scoop above his top-mount intercooler actually let air out instead of in like it's supposed to. Without my mumbo jumbo, he wouldn't have had a 300% gain in pressure differences which resulted in a 60-70% efficiency gain throughout.

If you think aerodynamics, pressure difference's and such is mumbo jumbo and has no bearing on this, then quote what I said and challenge my statements. I will clarify anything to the best of my abilities.

Ofcourse it matters,but we are not talking about race cars here.The owner did not build the car to break the saltflat record.Do you know any Starquests that run 200+mph when it WOULD matter?As I stated above,it was not done for cooling purposes or aerodynamics.It was done to be different and enhance the cars appearance like the others in this thread.I assure you it absolutly has no ill effects on the car at all..It reached and maintained top speed as it should,always maintained the exact same temp moving or sitting still,ect.No variances from the other tons of Starquests Ive driven over the years.As a matter of fact,the vent in the hood sat directly in front of the OVCP,and the vent in the nose panel sat directly in front of the oil cooler and intercooler pipe.Do you think opening the front end a little would hurt efficiency?Im sure cold air rushing onto the IC pipes and such is not bad for these vehicles as they reach astronomical underhood temps.Ofcourse Mitsubishi's design already does this..Though there are plenty of poor designs that this car inherited from the factory,they definitly got the aerodynamics part right.

Vince, what's been your deal lately? You been becoming much more of an a**...errr.... "opinion" lately.

Personally I like the header panel mods, but I've always been a bit "ricey" I'm sure all sorts of people think my cars are ricey or whatever, but I don't really care. I drive them, not them and 75% of the time my rides are faster than theirs anyway. I'd rather have a ricey fast car than one thats not.

Anyway, I hate to see people be d**** to newbies. One poor choice of words and the dude might decide it isn't the site for him. What if that dude has the hookup on tires or turbo rebuilds? Now we just lost a source.

Personally I'd be more concerened with painting my car or finding some decent rims than dogging some newbie's opinion.

I'm sure many will be sickened by all the body mods I have planned for my new ride. Header panel mods, front bumper/airdam mods, rear bumper mods including a rear ground effect. Vince, I'd much rather you sling your mud at me than some newb. I can take it and I ain't goin no place.

Burton,I am not being a d*** to anyone.I posted my response to the silver that was posted up.That looks like a**....my "opinion" :wink: can you show me where I have been a prick lately? I bet not more so thatn most of the "old schoolers" on here :wink: ( i will not mention any names,they know who the are)

Also,if I am not welcomed on here anymore,please pm me and let me know.I guess since i don't own a stock starquest,my opinions or knowledge isn't welcomed.

Mark deecided he didn't like it,go back and look at the thread :wink:

As far as me being a d*** lately,most of what i say is taken to seriously...esp when i put the :wink: or :D in the post.jeez,I think what happens is soe of these guys are car Savy but maybe not internet savy and don't get the smiley's :wink:

on my car being painted an my rims.I have other things in life that are more important...first my wife and 3 kids.Why I havnt painted it is because I know what I want to do with the car and until I can find the right peron to do the work,I am not sure I want to paint it and then paint it again.I do not have that kind of cash.

Now,burton,if you want to remove the gas tank,move the gas neck from the side to under thet tag and make everything work(including the cutting and welding the new hole on the gas tank),let me know.I can always deliver the car and let you go at it.if you are moving south,I may wait if you want to tackle that project :wink: I would trust you to do it right as compared to some nit-wit around here.

On my rims,I have the rims I want for now.Not sure what the deal is about my rims,maybe cause I have a one of kind deal,some like to take shots...that's fine.I like my rims,i hate that hole in the nose look...that just me..kinda like green is not the color I would choose but each their own.

This is my last comment on this.

hold on,one more thing.The truck is gold..not green.. :wink: :D (see the smiley's?) 8)

If you think aerodynamics, pressure difference's and such is mumbo jumbo and has no bearing on this, then quote what I said and challenge my statements. I will clarify anything to the best of my abilities.

Ofcourse it matters,but we are not talking about race cars here.The owner did not build the car to break the saltflat record.Do you know any Starquests that run 200+mph when it WOULD matter?As I stated above,it was not done for cooling purposes or aerodynamics.It was done to be different and enhance the cars appearance like the others in this thread.I assure you it absolutly has no ill effects on the car at all..It reached and maintained top speed as it should,always maintained the exact same temp moving or sitting still,ect.No variances from the other tons of Starquests Ive driven over the years.As a matter of fact,the vent in the hood sat directly in front of the OVCP,and the vent in the nose panel sat directly in front of the oil cooler and intercooler pipe.Do you think opening the front end a little would hurt efficiency?Im sure cold air rushing onto the IC pipes and such is not bad for these vehicles as they reach astronomical underhood temps.Ofcourse Mitsubishi's design already does this..Though there are plenty of poor designs that this car inherited from the factory,they definitly got the aerodynamics part right.

You obviously didn't read much of my posts here. :roll: That's okay. When you do the legwork yourself, gather the data from hours and hours of ROAD TESTING and testfit dozens of prototype parts, come talk to me.

All I am trying to do is help people add that "different look" that they like, AND gain SO MUCH MORE.. :wink:

Read my posts again please.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/fastasleep/bigugh.gif

This threads starting to suck .

(and its ok if you dont reply) In before the lock !

http://www.ctgilles.net/images/pictars/loctite_threadlocker.gif

http://crystal.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/crybaby.jpg

Burton,I am not being a d*** to anyone.I posted my response to the silver that was posted up.That looks like tail....my "opinion" :wink: can you show me where I have been a prick lately? I bet not more so thatn most of the "old schoolers" on here :wink: ( i will not mention any names,they know who the are)

Also,if I am not welcomed on here anymore,please pm me and let me know.I guess since i don't own a stock starquest,my opinions or knowledge isn't welcomed.

As far as me being a d*** lately,most of what i say is taken to seriously...esp when i put the :wink: or :D in the post.jeez,I think what happens is soe of these guys are car Savy but maybe not internet savy and don't get the smiley's :wink:

on my car being painted an my rims.I have other things in life that are more important...first my wife and 3 kids.Why I havnt painted it is because I know what I want to do with the car and until I can find the right peron to do the work,I am not sure I want to paint it and then paint it again.I do not have that kind of cash.

Now,burton,if you want to remove the gas tank,move the gas neck from the side to under thet tag and make everything work(including the cutting and welding the new hole on the gas tank),let me know.I can always deliver the car and let you go at it.if you are moving south,I may wait if you want to tackle that project :wink: I would trust you to do it right as compared to some nit-wit around here.

On my rims,I have the rims I want for now.Not sure what the deal is about my rims,maybe cause I have a one of kind deal,some like to take shots...that's fine.I like my rims,i hate that hole in the nose look...that just me..kinda like green is not the color I would choose but each their own.

hold on,one more thing.The truck is gold..not green.. :wink: :D (see the smiley's?) 8)

im replying as an innocent 3rd party on this thread.... your first sentence on this qouted post is total BS.... you are trying to be a d*** and you are succeeding. The tail lights mentioned should not have been brought up as you know what the deal with them was and it wasnt caused by scotty... there were a total of 3 of us that saw them in the box they came in. They looked like a pet squirrel was let loose in the box they came in.

As for us guys that have been around for the long haul having our heads stuck up our tail... feel free to "change the channel" at anytime you wish.

Monty

Burton,I am not being a d*** to anyone.I posted my response to the silver that was posted up.That looks like a**....my "opinion" :wink: can you show me where I have been a prick lately? I bet not more so thatn most of the "old schoolers" on here :wink: ( i will not mention any names,they know who the are)

im replying as an innocent 3rd party on this thread.... your first sentence on this qouted post is total BS.... you are trying to be a d*** and you are succeeding. The tail lights mentioned should not have been brought up as you know what the deal with them was and it wasnt caused by scotty... there were a total of 3 of us that saw them in the box they came in. They looked like a pet squirrel was let loose in the box they came in.

As for us guys that have been around for the long haul having our heads stuck up our a**... feel free to "change the channel" at anytime you wish.

Monty

Nevermind,i edited what i wrote cause talking to some of you is useless...you know it all anyway...or think you do :wink:

you guys have problem with me,see you at the next meet :wink:

I may have been a tad harsh in my last response.. It wasn't my intention. :oops:

Let me try another approach. :D

Mitsumark, all the road testing I did for a buddies RX7 was in three areas. 45, 60 and 80mph. His setup was all jacked up from an aerodynamic/pressure zone standpoint. So much in fact that his hood scoop was working backwards at speed. Think about that for a second. At 45-60mph, his hood scoop was letting air out. His problem was with the pressure in his engine bay being higher than the pressure at the front of his hood scoop. I didn't understand how this could be for a day or two, until I put a flat panel under the nose of his front end from the airdam area to right in front of the tires while leaving a 12-15mm gap at the rear. No mumbo jumbo, no 200mph racecar, just testing and measuring. :wink:

Why does this matter to us? Because that vent on the silver car you posted can work WAY more efficiently. That's all i'm saying. Get the look you want, and add a noticeable cooling difference at the same time. I can say with about a 80% certainty that the hood scoop on that silver SQ is letting the air out, not in.

Now, I could easily keep this info all to myself and leave most here in the dark until I make the SQ specific parts that will give you at least 60% drop in underhood temperatures, and at least gain 40% in cooling efficiencies. And judging the posts here, nobody really cares about it. :?

Burton,I am not being a d*** to anyone.I posted my response to the silver that was posted up.That looks like tail....my "opinion" :wink: can you show me where I have been a prick lately? I bet not more so thatn most of the "old schoolers" on here :wink: ( i will not mention any names,they know who the are)

As for us guys that have been around for the long haul having our heads stuck up our tail... feel free to "change the channel" at anytime you wish.

Monty

Nevermind,i edited what i wrote cause talking to some of you is useless...you know it all anyway...or think you do :wink:

you guys have problem with me,see you at the next meet :wink:

im not sure who you were talking to with the last part

be careful for what you wish for mr. mayor

playground bullys never stand the test of time

im sorry i have to add more, why in the world would you want to make (read between the lines) threats?

That last post was for whoever it needed to be for.

I am no bully,just letting whoever knows that if you need to talk to me,I will be avaliable :wink:

I think most who have met me can say i am laid back.Some of you guys read alot...alottttt into my posts.for some reason the smileys go over heads on here :roll: