RB26DETT IN STARION WHAT YOU THINK/

sittin-sideways

let me guess u find out

that a skyline motors is like 5 gs

dam u dont know how to shop man

i know where to get it for 2-3 gs

with trans and ecu and all brackets and harness

hole engine with everthing includeing the turbos.

it is prices , i aint going to say it aint but

just cant buy from someone that going to try get a arm and leg from u

:lol:

look like not man people here have diffenet ideas.

:twisted:

Im going to have to agree with you on only one point of what you have said. Yes the Rb26 is a good motor and has many more aftermarket parts than the G54B, but most of the parts for the RB26 come from japan so therefore if you are some rich biach then go for it. I like to get my parts when i need them or not have to wait weeks for them to get shipped over from japan. Plus like many people will tell you if you take that 2 or 3 or4 or 5 grand your willing to throw down on that RB26 and just use that money on your G54B you will probably be at the same or more hp than a stock RB26.

Like a smart man on this site likes to say "to each their own".

Garrett G$

and unless your a foriegner take your time and re read what you type your gramar isnt the best

Good luck getting replacement parts in a timely fashion, unless you pre-order everything you might want in bulk..

A good friend has a R32, and another friend has a RB26 swapped 240sx.

And no, there aren't more parts for the RB in japan alone than there is for the g54b in the whole world. :roll: Don't be silly. Aftermarket parts, yeah, but that's not a shocker. Have you ever seen how much it is to rebuild a RB motor? Don't even try to compare that to rebuilding a g54b.

How much power do you really need anyway? Do you still want good handling characteristics?

A 4g64/63 hybrid is the answer.

But screw it. Just go do it. Don't talk about it, be about it. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

not to start the whole debate of what engine is better....

if u had to choose i would do a 2jz over and rb any day.... its nice when u can go to discount or autozone or even a dealership to pick up ur basic parts like atl., water pump, oil pump etc.

but to be honest i wouldnt waste my time with either of those engines. If u have to the money to buy a uesless engine then you'll have more than enough to build an engine that has plenty of potenial.

not to start the whole debate of what engine is better....

if u had to choose i would do a 2jz over and rb any day.... its nice when u can go to discount or autozone or even a dealership to pick up ur basic parts like atl., water pump, oil pump etc.

but to be honest i wouldnt waste my time with either of those engines. If u have to the money to buy a uesless engine then you'll have more than enough to build an engine that has plenty of potenial.

Why wouldn't you choose either engine? Are you saying that you would rather spend the money it would cost for a 2J or RB swap on the G54B? Because all you have to do on either engine is turn the boost up and you have an instant 400hp... Bolt on's will get you to 800hp on the 2J and the 2J's are good for nearly 1000hp on stock internals... The RB is only good to about 500hp on stock internals though that is why the 2J is a better choice and you can make more power with the 2J, even the guys on the skyline forums agree that the 2J is a better engine than the RB... So if you want a Conquest that makes over 400-500 hp the choice is simple. However if your goal is 300hp than an engine swap is useless...

DJ

Why wouldn't you choose either engine? Are you saying that you would rather spend the money it would cost for a 2J or RB swap on the G54B? Because all you have to do on either engine is turn the boost up and you have an instant 400hp... Bolt on's will get you to 800hp on the 2J and the 2J's are good for nearly 1000hp on stock internals... The RB is only good to about 500hp on stock internals though that is why the 2J is a better choice and you can make more power with the 2J, even the guys on the skyline forums agree that the 2J is a better engine than the RB... So if you want a Conquest that makes over 400-500 hp the choice is simple. However if your goal is 300hp than an engine swap is useless...

DJ

thats is correct and that is what i am exactly doing right now. through the resources i have i am doing thing to the g54b that most people can only dream of doing....

it is just my choice to work with the g54b then with any other engine. i like doing things that people say cant be done. and the g54b has alot of potenial when u do the right things besides why would i wanna go with a 2jz or and rb when those engines have a smaller displacment then mine?

and yea 2jz can hold 1000hp and stock internals but do a couple of pulls on a dyno with that much power and see what happens. im pretty sure u would know what will happen thats why the common hp for supras running stock internals is 700whp...

How does a 2J have smaller displacment than your engine? I know the G54B has potential and I think it's cool you want to make one make mega hp, you would just obviously have more potential with a 2J or even an RB26... How much hp are you looking to make anyways? And what are you doing to the engine that most people only dream of? I am not trying to mock you by the way, I am just curious...

DJ

How does a 2J have smaller displacment than your engine? I know the G54B has potential and I think it's cool you want to make one make mega hp, you would just obviously have more potential with a 2J or even an RB26... How much hp are you looking to make anyways? And what are you doing to the engine that most people only dream of? I am not trying to mock you by the way, I am just curious...

DJ

well i dont wanna let the cat out of the bag yet :D all i can say is theres a hint in my sig. im looking to make about 900whp but well see.

DJ

well i dont wanna let the cat out of the bag yet :D all i can say is theres a hint in my sig. im looking to make about 900whp but well see.

WOW , that sounds serious !!!!!

Best Regards

PS: check-out my sig too !! :twisted:

DJ

Best Regards

xtremeboost, you want to make 1000hp?

DJ

Best Regards

xtremeboost, you want to make 1000hp?

No , let me correct you - I am making 1000HP !!!!!!

Frank

Best Regards

Seen a few posts you have mentioned that in... How about a dyno sheet?

DJ

When my car is done you'll see both the car and the engine. If you'd like I can post some random Dyno sheet and say its my car , I'd rather wait till my car is done . If you still wonder just look at my other post in which I'm selling a 2.6 7 second set-up .

Best Regards

Frank