grabbing every line in the road

my 84 will grab and follow every grove in the road. Right now they are doing a lot of road work in my area and had to redo the lines so when I go over where they removed one of the lines my tires want to follow the 1/8" deep groove and I have to fight to get it out. ive got new tires front and back and am a couple pounds over preasure on them.

any ideas?

then your quest has problems, my last car could out brake my d50s I owned, and just about anything else I have ever driven. Replacing worn out parts makes a difference, blown out struts really dont help handling :)

Lower ball joints will cause the car to follow the grooves in the road. I had Dunlops on one of my Quests and it folled grooves. I put Bridgestones on it and it went straight. Like was mentioned, struts will cause it to go groovy. These Quests can be made to go straight.

• 3 months later...
Lower ball joints will cause the car to follow the grooves in the road. I had Dunlops on one of my Quests and it folled grooves. I put Bridgestones on it and it went straight. Like was mentioned, struts will cause it to go groovy. These Quests can be made to go straight.

can we get some suggestions? mine follows grooves in the road as well. I run toyo tires with 8's and 9's. should i run 7's in the front ?

• 4 weeks later...