Big 16G replaces 14B

Holy crap does the big 16G make more power than the 14B. I picked one up locally for $100 that had a lot of miles on it. I rebuilt it today and bolted it on. It makes a considerable more "WOOSSSSHHHHH" at part throttle boost than the 14B and the top end charge is night and day.

I LOVE IT!!

lol Dont ya know. Unfortunatly I went the other direction. I taosted my 16G last year so now I'm running the 14b in the meen time. Packs a nice lil punch but I do miss the 16G pull at 18 PSi :twisted:

• 1 year later...

I've got an EVO III 16G ported VERY nicely by SlowBoyRacing, I ported a new stock manifold to match. Open wastegate dump, custom 2.5" exhaust. I've only experienced wastegate psi so far and it feels great.

Recommended short term TBI mods and how much can I boost before I go MegaSquirt probably later?

I've got an EVO III 16G ported VERY nicely by SlowBoyRacing, I ported a new stock manifold to match. Open wastegate dump, custom 2.5" exhaust. I've only experienced wastegate psi so far and it feels great.

Recommended short term TBI mods and how much can I boost before I go MegaSquirt probably later?

A boost controller, hard pipes, porting the TB neck and stuff. Tune or test on a dyno.

Hopefully my 14b will be ok with a 1g maf and 255 pump and no vacuum lines(Cept the required to run). Im glad to see a 16 is working good this will probably be the biggest turbo I ever buy, if I buy one.

• 2 months later...