EVO-II Dual Spring coil over- Closed- see new thread

TylerQuest

Hey guys, I just found out that Hotbits, an awesome coilover worldwide company, makes coilovers for our cars! Im going to call tomorrow to get some details as far as price. If I can get those coilovers, Id prefer those instead of these coilover substitutes. Anyone want info on these? Hit me up.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, I've already talked to Hotbits, and they currently do not make a bolt on coilover kit for our cars. They have a specialty set for racing applications, but it is NOT user-friendly and must be installed by one of their service centers (there is only one in the US), and it is designed for foreign spec 2.0 cars. They currently have no plans to make a bolt on set for our cars, due to "lack of demand".

Second, These Cosmo coilovers are top quality, not "substitute". This company has even been willing to make custom perches for true bolt-on fit. Hotbit will not do that. Cosmo is also going overboard to ship and value the products so we don't have to pay customs duties.

I have worked hard to get this gp set up, and hope to follow it with more, for other useful products. I will keep in contact with Hotbit, as well as other manufacturers, and will offer their products, should they become available.

I just talked to Larry over at hotbits in Michigan and he said that these are a bolt on for the rear, but for the front, theres a slight modification that needs to be done with these in which a hole is drilled through the bottom of the sleeve to insert a nut and bolt to retain the coilover in place. The spring rates for these are $1030, or with a GB theyll go for about $930 with 5 ppl. He says that theyll make them in Malaysia and we can get them in 10 days tops. Spring rates for these cars at 287lbs for the front and 175lbs for the rear. Try giving Larry a call. His number is on the hotbits website as one of the official distributers. http://hotbits.org/v2/main.cfm . Im not trying to steal anything from you Tyler, I just want to see what kind of options we all have

When I looked (and checked again today) there was no US dealer, only one service center in WI. I called the dealer in Canada, who is listed as the US supplier, and he said Hotbits made the coilovers, but they had a notation on the catalog that they had to be installed at Speedlinks (maybe it was speedworks) which is in Malaysia. He was going to call tomorrow and see if they would even ship them.

He quoted $920 for them, btw.

The spring rates are way different, also, so if a person is looking for a more sport-type suspension, they would likely be disappointed.

I have established a distributorship with Cosmo racing, and am pleased to offer a GP for their dual spring Evo-II coil-overs.

These are high quality coil overs, 8k (448lb) front 6k (335 lb) rear spring rates, with billet hats, sleeves, and seats.

From Cosmo:

Coilover Kit

Lowering Spring Kits "HIGH-LOW ADJUSTABLE"

Improve your car's handling and look!

COSMO Racing Adjustable Coilover Kits were made for performance enthusiasts pursuing the ultimate handling. Designed for street and track use, your car will be in total control, even under hard cornering situations.

ADJUSTABILITY

Customize the height as needed for different wheel sizes and weather conditions. Give your car a more aggressive look by eliminating that dreadful wheel gap!

Our EVO II Kits provide even better handling (for fast cornering) and lower ride height. The double spring design also eliminates the pumping's noise commonly found with many coilover kits in the market.

Lowering range for both types are between 0-3". Different car models may vary slightly.

CONSTRUCTION

Our coilover sleeves, damper hats, and spring seats are made from high quality billet T6061 aluminum to ensure safety, reliability, and durability. Don't put yourself and your car in jeopardy with low quality sleeves and rubber damper hats found in some other brands.

There is currently a Christmas sale going on, so the prices are even better than usual.....

For 10+ orders, the price would be 155 +shipping

For 20+ orders, 145 +shipping.

Shipping would be from zip 75713, Tyler, TX.

Reply here or pm or email me, and I will start the order list!! I will send out payment info in a few days to those who are ordering.

EDIT I can get these for most cars, so if you have a DSM, etc, you can get in on this GP. 1st and 2nd gen DSM prices are the same, and I can check on other makes/models for anyone interested. Just let me know the make, model, and year.

1. TylerQuest

2. Minagera

3. gofastredstar

4. MainstreaM

5. SFC711

6. starionheaven

7. alostsoul

8. xfightingyouthx

9. redrocketTSI

10.Highly Boosted

I will be sending out PM's with payment info by the weekend!! I may be able to have them shipped directly from the manufacturer, if you are interested. It would probably be about $20 for that option, but I will let you know for sure when I find out.

Payment info.....

I am still awaiting word on the drop shipping, but I figure about $25 either way. If there is a large difference I will send you the difference back.

You may send the total, $180 to my PayPal at ttowndex@gmail.com

You can email me at ttowndex@gmail.com with questions, or if you need another payment option. I am also pm'ing this info to each of you.

Thanks for making this happen!!

There are 12 people signed up. I have to do a bulk order to get the pricing, so at least 8 need to be paid before I can order. The manufacturer has these in stock and will ship them immediately on ordering. They are shipping directly to you, so it should only take a few days.