whats the trick to getting rear struts out of spindle?

i got all the bolts loose and they wont pop up out...ive tried heating them ive tried pressin them up out with the jack ive tried anything i can think of so any help would be appreciated?

also the one side we decided the heck with it and just take the whole arm off and i was gonna take it to work and press it out but......the bolt that goes across isnt coming out as usuall lol.....so any suggestions there?

i got all the bolts loose and they wont pop up out...ive tried heating them ive tried pressin them up out with the jack ive tried anything i can think of so any help would be appreciated?

also the one side we decided the heck with it and just take the whole arm off and i was gonna take it to work and press it out but......the bolt that goes across isnt coming out as usuall lol.....so any suggestions there?

That bolt that goes accross pins the strut in place.

It's got to come out or you won't get the strut out.

gee i guess it pays to ask first huh? geez.......well i guess i'll be gettin them out tomorrow now lol....sux though as now i need to do the right hand bushings for sure and cant get that long bolt out for the a frame where it connects to the spindle.....damnit my luck anyhow.....well at least i'll get them out and that will make the guy happy but i'll still end up cutting that one side a frame as i bungered up the bushings as well as bolt and think we bent that frame so oh well lol

oh also, after you take the bolt out, you definitley gonna need a nice pry bar to wedge in there (not some stupid flat head screw driver :!: ) and open up the housing some, because when I was getting mine out, I had to pry it hardcore with one hand and wiggle the damn shock out....Hope this helps Ya!

yeah i have both now to where they will move in the holster just guess i need that bolt out to do the job ;) and i do have them both spread and i already p.b.'d the hell out of them lol.....thankx for all the advice guys i appreciate it. hopefully tonite it will be done quikly, then i just gotta take off that "a" arm im going to need to replace lol...

• 1 month later...
Defently PB, wd40.. The catch is if you take the nut off and put it back, i beat the s*** out of mine to get it to lossing up enough to hit it on the other side with the impact. While my brother was prying at the crack with pry-bar. I would take the good nut off, go down to a shop grab a few extra ones. Then remove the bolt. Its a pain in the a**, someone to step down it, and wiggle the strut back and forth, till it comes out. The fronts took me, about a couple hours the back. All afternoon.