TPS "INSPECTION".....pics

Professor Quest

Now then............Once you have a GOOD TPS.......you can ADJUST IT using  VOLTS. Open manual to page 14-32, 14-33, 14-34   Make the little harness adapter above. Start the car, let it warm up. Adjust the VOLTAGE at idle to 0.48-0.52 volts. When you open the throttle all the way you should see AROUND 4.5 -5.5 VOLTS. You might make 4 of those wires......you'll need them for the ISC adjustment. ;)

• 1 month later...

They look to be the same size as I used for the fuel pump test port's jumper wire..

Haha, that didn't help.. ;)

What I've always wanted to know, is how do you take off some of the wire's sheathing like that?  I need to know before my A/F goes in, and I can't figure out how to take off just a middle section...

Hmmn, maybe I should just play with some wire and figure it out.. ;D

Sneaky... ;D    

But in my case, that's not going to work... For a A/F gauge, I don't wanna have to disconnect a wire from the ECU to get the sheathing off...  Maybe I could burn it a little bit..Just to the point where it gets soft, then I can pull it off without damaging the ECU connection..

Ahhh, John. What you want is the OTHER trick. SINGLE EDGE RAZOR BLADE.....two VERY CAREFUL CUTS.......don't cut into the copper.......then one cut the lenght of the wire connecting between the first two cuts........peel the peice off. Now take your time and when doing fine electronics work......like cutting the ECU harness, place the wire on a hard surface......like a CD case. And wearing VISION ADDS HELPS. Now the manual tells you how to release the PIN from the connector. If you do that, you can then use heat shrink AFTER you SODER the A/F lead in. You don't HAVE to be an electronics geek......just be patient and use a NEW BLADE. ;) You can use Shelby's trick with electrical tape and PVC cement. Just electrical tape will work fine........but WASH YOUR HANDS and WIPE the FLUX OFF with eletrical cleaner. Better still............just cut the damn wire and soder the three back together with the heat shrink installed. ;D As usual.........unhook the BATTERY. ::)

• 5 months later...