Vendor Section

Sam

I think there should be a 'Vendor Section' so vendors can post specials and deals there instead of the 'For Sale' section. Leave the 'For Sale' section for starquest people selling to each other without having to go through 'advertising' posts.

Just MY opinion.... :)

Sam

I think this is a pretty good idea too, but I have some questions on how we can  distinguish between vendors and regulars.

I might be able to create the forum so that only members of the "vendors" group can post. Vendors would then be required to request membership in the "vendors" group before being able to list items. That way if we have any complaints about a specific vendor we can remove their posting rights until things are resolved?

I think this is a pretty good idea too, but I have some questions on how we can  distinguish between vendors and regulars.

I might be able to create the forum so that only members of the "vendors" group can post. Vendors would then be required to request membership in the "vendors" group before being able to list items. That way if we have any complaints about a specific vendor we can remove their posting rights until things are resolved?

Regulars usually sell A part or parts but vendors usually brag about their low prices, large inventory and their satisfied customers. They should only post that in the vendor section keeping the for sale section clean without advertising. The new rules in the For Sale section should take care of the rest  ;D

Thanks ryddler

Sam

Yeah make them fill out a vendor form and register etc... sounds good.  But what would be the qualification of a vendor?

I would say that if you call a 'vendors' phone number and they answer it as the business, then its a vendor... I.E you call me, I answer the phone as 'Schmuckatellis starquest parts and pizza ovens' then I'm a vendor. If I answer it as 'hello?' then I'm probbaly not. Vendors usually have a business line, a better business bureau listing, a dunn and bradstreet rating,  or a tax number. Just my $0.02 as a business owner =)

-Brad

'86 BMW 325

'91 Eclipse GSX

I would have considered KO as a vendor when he still sold the steel braided hoses. He didn't have an "official" business, but for those who offer a regular set of items or regularly sell parts (used or new), I think it makes sense that they can be considered a "vendor".

I think that if you regularly sell stuff, but can't list the items for sale (because you have so much) then you're a vendor. But if you just have one or two parts cars that you sell parts from, then you aren't a vendor.

People/businesses I currently consider vendors (for example) are:

Dr. Philgood AKA David Crane New and Used Auto Parts

Top End Performance

Tim C (at least for his alternator kit)

Chad (for his MPI - when he sells it)

GPN (for his fiberglass replica 83 hoods)

However, if those people came to sell a few items from time to time, they could post it on the "For Sale" board. Better yet, they could check out the items wanted board and reply to people looking for things.

What it sounds like is that people would prefer not having to wade through posts that are basically billboards/advertisements for a business. Am I correct on this?If so, this is the same reason we made a separate Group Purchase board - which is busy enough all by itself. If I'm wrong, please give additional feedback so we (ryddler and the mod group) can figure out a way to make it work.

• 1 month later...

If the Vendors want to be a part of our SQ community maybe the right thing for them would be to register a user name and setup a profile. And since they are Vendors / Actual business why not have them send a little  donation/contribution to StarQuestClub.com as a token for being invited into the "Vendor Box".

This way we could avoid the pop-ups and all the other crap.

We all know which vendors qualify don't we?

One could also always suggest some vendors!

Good Times,  8)

Sig

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of a vendors section.  It would be nice to see who offers parts or services on an ongoing basis, without wading through all the old posts, or re-posting requests for vendor links.

BTW, I never considered Tim C.  vendor since he doesn't actually sell the alt., he just gave the # to the shop.

One thing I would rather not see is all of the banners that other sites use.  Still being on a 'dial-up' these things are more frustrating to me than helpful IMHO.

The small fee (or maybe site discount) for posting a link here might be a good idea as well.

P.S.  Fn'F, stop using my name.

J.R. Schmukateli       (LOL)