Non pop-up headlight conversion - coming soon

artinist

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon guys, give him a break.  He's been busy with alot of other Starquest stuff.  He'll get to it when he gets to it. 8)

I know, I just like to hastle ol Artinist every once & a while.  He's a cool cat and I just can't wait till he has these done for me to buy.

Laters,

Brian

Smoke the glass for them so they will look like they are stock, well if the car is a dark color they will, until they are on.  What about CF instead of FG?

who cars about that stuff. just get 'em done i wanna see!!

Smoke the glass for them so they will look like they are stock, well if the car is a dark color they will, until they are on.  What about CF instead of FG?

only problem with smoking the lights is i believe some states consider that as illegal for whatever reason so you could probably get it done by someone but clear would be the best way to go on taht, also i believe fg is a bit easier to work with and is cheaper, but if you really want cf just buy some of that carbon fiber looking stuff and put it over the fiberglass would be the best bet, art is trying to go for something people can afford, he can afford to make, and thats legal i believe. But the pics are gonna be awesome  ;D

So, any new news there Mr. Artinist?  LOL  Take your time, don't rush, just lemme know when I can stop dreaming about seeing pics and actually see em.  You already know I'mma buy one set from you.  I just wanna know what I'mma spend my money on.  He he he

Laters,

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
the housing is going to be fiberglass. CF just makes it harder to work with and raises the price for no reason and this mold will not be so perfect like a professionaly done hood to be left as is. it will have to be painted.

as for the clear cover, it will be clear. you would want to see the housing, its going to be nice looking, not ugly where you would want to hide it.

I want the glass smoked.. so I guess I want to know how easily can I break down this assembly so I can tweak whatever I want to?

sorry guys, i have been spending most of my free time on the car to get it ready to be dyno tuned before the end of this month. i promose to put some serious affort to finish them off soon after that. the stuff is at a buddies workshop so unless i go there i cant take pics of what is done so far.

I will update as soon as i have something new.

Anything yet homie?  Please, I'm dyin over here.  I must have!  Please help me!  I already have them included on the artist's impression of my car.  Hook a brotha up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK,

My car is gettin gback today.  I would love to know the status of this so I will know weather or not to start taking the pop-up window stuff out of the car.  LOL

Let me know homie, PLEEEEEEEZE!!!

Brian

There is a set for the Rx-7's that would almost bolt on to our setup. It has a removable top so the problem with smoked or clear covers would be solved. I'd actually like to keep the passenger side motorized so I could lift the light and let cold air into the k&n ;D It's probably a pipe dream.  I'll be lucky if I can get my car completed.

I just started working on my own non-flip-ups. I'm using one 4"x6.5" dual-beam headlamp per side. I have one plate that will hold the light done, below is a pic so far:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDU2ODc3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDU2ODc4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

I will heat up some clear acrylic that I have laying around over the factory covers and paint them to continue the lines of the hood.

I just started today, so this is all thats done, but I have connectors for these lamps on there way (the three connector prongs on these are a little different than stock).

In the end I'll have something like $70 into the idea.

Just thought I would share.

Derek

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D NICE!!! hey like superquest sed: if those drawings (which are VERY good) are half as good as what it will look like, it will look amazing. those are great ideas. nice creativity. props yo lol. if you are thinking of making a lot and selling heres my email: red88questsi@yahoo.com