More Publicity???

kev

I love this new board but it just seems that we don't have the number of people we used to.  All of the hard hitters and regulars are over here but we seem to have lost the average Joe.  For instance, I put up an add for a 88 ECU on this board last week and haven't gotten one hit on it and last night I put the same add on the old swapmeet boards and got three emails about it in less than a day.  

Maybe there should be a link on all three pages of the old board directing people to this board?  Also a short statement saying that the old boards will be closed down in a few months and that everyone should visit starquestclub.com?

kev

Let's work on getting the site speed and bloat fixed before we do a publicity blitz.

I'm peeking behind the scenes at the code, but I'm only one man, and busy with plenty of other stuff like family to boot.

Oh I fully understand.  I'm sorry if I made it sound like it is an immediate need.  I fully respect all of the time and effort you put into these boards.    I didn't mean to offend you in any way.

kev

I didn't mean to offend you in any way.

I didn't take it that way, don't worry. I just wanted to word it so everyone else that comes along has an idea why we aren't broadcasting to the world.  ;)

Let's work on getting the site speed and bloat fixed before we do a publicity blitz.

I'm peeking behind the scenes at the code, but I'm only one man, and busy with plenty of other stuff like family to boot.

Yeah I know what you mean. I am about to boot my family.

Let me know how the family booting goes.  I may try the same...

I think I will keep the baby. He is rather entertaining and he doesn't talk nearly as much as the others so he can hang out....HEHE

It's true that the hard hitters are the ones that keep the S/Q community growing!

We need to activate the other guy's also.

No need to be intimidated in the S/Q community.

It would be cool to start seeing the ones that currently post  as "anonymous" to start posting with a "Name/Nickname". Also if those who post on the boards would post their locations. Personally I'd like to know where the S/Q community members are located. This may be for shipping reasons or getting together with S/Q owners in you region. One may also go on a trip and then it would be great to meet fellow S/Q owners in the area one is traveling to.

I lived in Los Angeles, California for many years and when I bought a S/Q I got in touch with the local guy's. Then I moved to San Jose, California where we stared a club. Now I'm in Bremerton, Washington where there is not much going on for the S/Q, although I have been in contact with a couple of owners here. I'm moving to Florida this summer and we are already planing to start a S/Q club ower there.

This all has been possible due to those who register their name and locations, and therefore being able to get in contact at get organized!

I say we are strong enough as a group. So if the part depatrments at the local dealerships had it together they should be knocking at our doorsteps.

Ryddler can you add an icon for "StarQuest merchandize" and link to individuals who are making stuff for our cars like: stickers, t-shirts and aftermarket products???

SiG

SiG, two of the things you brought up are already in place:

Anonymous posters are no more on this board. You must register in order to post on this new board. For those paranoid few that refuse to register, they can still read all the posts and at least glean some information.

If you view the member list, you can see where people are located - at least the people that choose to disclose that info. Some people prefer to remain anonymous and not reveal their location. That's understandable. This is America, they have their right to privacy. They just miss out on the meets and potential friendships to be made.

With regards to "StarQuest Merchandise", we (Ryddler and the Global Moderators) are hoping to eventually be able to offer StarQuest Club stickers, t-shirts and other things of that sort. For those selling other things, there's always the "Items for Sale" board. We're already looking at combining some of the existing boards into fewer boards as many people have told us there are too many as it is - adding another probably won't happen.

The best part about having this site is that we can eventually (somewhat) gauge how many active enthusiasts are out there and hopefully use that as a means to negotiate discounts, production of aftermarket parts, etc.

This site isn't meant to be in competition with any other StarQuest web site, in fact we're hoping that it'll become a central point for people to find information and other sites and resources for our cars.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't take it that way, don't worry. I just wanted to word it so everyone else that comes along has an idea why we aren't broadcasting to the world.  ;)

Don't remember where it cam from -- maybe you sent them out to the members of the other board -- but I got an email telling me about this site.