My aluminum console (nicer pics) better lighting

check this out.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/randyemtp1977/l...mtp&.view=t

i made this one piece console from aluminum. it is actually an overlay. sits right on topof existing pllastic console. its nothing fancy but could have potential if it was polished. i converted my whole interior to an 86 so id get rid of those pesty seat belts an i just made a piece that covers the rest of the console also. ill take a pic of that when i get off work. that one is not totlaly sanded yet though, but still looks good. let me know what you guys think ok.

later

randy

hey thanks

looks like you need one too...lol. I might make a few in the future.

no it doesnt get hot that i know of, I dont really touch it. I just look at it. And yes that was the intention of moveing the radio down there so i could but gauges up there (and i used that change holder to make a solid foundation for my radio) but i have a new plan...Like may be a matching gauge cluster with phantum gauges.

David AKA TurboTSI,

Sorry man not gunna "HOOK YOU UP"

you dont seem to remember screwing me over, over a set of cheap

floor mats do you? Well I didnt forget, sorry man. no hard feelings.

What goes around comes around. Take care.

For everyone else Ive been entrtaining the idea of making some more of these fairly cheap. i Have some other pics i will be putting up shortly that i hope turned out better.

Thanks

RANDY

ok pics are now in good light and you can actually see them clearly. They are not perfect but hey.....lol. Ithink they look pretty darn good. The console radio face plate is one piece of aluminum. It is bent in 2 places, one at the top where you cn see to fasten it with screws and the other is in the middle. The plate just sits over the existing console parts, so if yours was cracked like mine ths looks way better.  The radio section is cut (i think its a standard hole for radios) out. i had to shave the top of the coin holder off a little so it would support the radio. now i can put that radio anywhere so u dont have to shave the radio coin holder at all. thats whats nice about this one its versital. and there is the option of 2" gauge  holes, but id have to know where youd want them. i.e above or below the radio.

the part of the console that is behind the shifter ring is only for cars without auto seat belts. it one solid part that covers the other coin holder and has a hole cut for the power window buttons.

ok

later

randy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
I really like that look, and it would be nice to cover up those ugly auto seet belt handels, but I would like to make it so I can still get to them and lift them up.  Do you think its possible to do so?  Also, did someone say they have a 240z dash in their conquest.  I saw a dash in one that looked good and did not know if that was what it is.  

looks great. never seen real aluminum in interior b4.

I really like that look, and it would be nice to cover up those ugly auto seet belt handels, but I would like to make it so I can still get to them and lift them up.  Do you think its possible to do so?  Also, did someone say they have a 240z dash in their conquest.  I saw a dash in one that looked good and did not know if that was what it is.

sum1 with a 240z dash in a quest? i dunno. my dad has a 240z and i have a conquest (both in garage hehe) and the 240z is quite about thinner exterior wise so i wouldnt see how it would fit. but ifi ts true i think ill have to steal his dash cuz thats one nice dash for and old car ;)