Questoin about TURBO door handles...

DJ_Lazarek

the only cars i have seen them on factory were flatbodied conquests.  they may have been on widebodies also and it was just a coincidence.  I think they were conquest specific though, not starion.  There is an 86 flat body quest at the scrapper near me that still had them and he wanted $20 for them and i had to take them off.  rip or what.

• 3 weeks later...
I have an 88 with them but I put them on myself.(PITA) I also heard it was the flatbodies that had them as well, but I must say it's a nice touch to the widebodies especially if you have the white lettering on your ride.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've heard that the Turbo door handles increase power by 5% each.  At least that's what all those Honda guys told me...

-Robert

Oh you know I'm just playin!!  (Honda guys would take me seriously though...)

• 1 month later...
i'd like a set of those  8)

hey HMonsta......i have a p.m. from you...i click on reply and it sends a message to wannaquest.......it shows wannaquest in the sent to box. i just realized this 'cuz i tried to message you about these handles i found a set at the junkyard on a 85 flatside quest (see my post in b.s. about)

stariongirl

• 3 weeks later...

My 86 Starion does not have the TURBO door handles.  However it does have TURBO written in the rear hatch.  Soon to be on my 88 TSI!!!

There is a 86 WB Conquest about 15 miles from me that has the TURBO door handles on it.  But no TURBO on the hatch.  Its for sale but for WAY too much money.  It has a bad engine and he wants appox $1000 for it.  Plus the interior is trashed.

• 7 months later...
My 86 Starion does not have the TURBO door handles.  However it does have TURBO written in the rear hatch.  Soon to be on my 88 TSI!!!

There is a 86 WB Conquest about 15 miles from me that has the TURBO door handles on it.  But no TURBO on the hatch.  Its for sale but for WAY too much money.  It has a bad engine and he wants appox $1000 for it.  Plus the interior is trashed.

i was always told that only the starions had the "turbo" on the hatch not the conquests also i got a 86 esir and it doesnt have the turbo handles

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
personally, i think the TURBO decals are a little cheesy--> :D. thats just my opinion tho. especially on the hatch. even on the seatbelts it looks wierd. but i guess in the 80's there werent much turbo cars so they made a big deal over it. cuz now if ur car has a turbo its not too much of a big deal unless its an evo or STi. or sum other fast car.

if you think having it on the door handles and seat belts is bad you should see the inside of my car. steering wheel, both front seats, door handles, seatbelts, rear hatch.  I think thats all of the places but no matter where you look on this car you will most likely see turbo lol

• 2 weeks later...
My red 86 tsi has them.... I also have a starion rear hatch with the turbo in the window. I'm going to put that on if I can get the metal seperated from the glass to put the red metal on....