5 lug Mustang Cobra wheels

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those will not fit, different offset. damnet, i cant find the link to this site I went to a couple of weeks ago that had a different offset available that was a direct bolt on with perfect offset. they had a 19mm offset for the back ones.

there are only a couple of manufacturers of these wheels and the only ones i can find now are selling the 28mm offset for the back.

well to make up for that loss, i found some place that has them for $630 and FREE shipping. so in case you need to get spacers for the back, it wont be much money all together.

http://www.wheelsmarket.com/ford-oem-style...ls-cobra-r.html

these wheels are made by http://www.oeconcepts.com/mustang.html

this place has them made by another manufacturer and they have the bullit style in the same sizes. these look mean.

http://www.wholesale411.com/mattie323i/pro...roducts_id=5065

here are the specs for comparison:

Cobra R wheels:

Wheel size : 17x9"

Wheel weight : 26 Lbs

+24mm offset (6" backspacing)(3" frontspacing)

---------------------

Wheel size : 17x10.5"

Wheel weight : 28 Lbs

+28mm offset (6-3/4" backspacing)(3-3/4" frontspacing)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Saleen wheels:

Wheel size : 18x9 "

+24mm offset (6" backspacing)(3" frontspacing)

-------------------

Wheel size : 18x10"

+22mm offset (6-1/4" backspacing)(3-3/4" frontspacing)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Stock starion wheels:

Wheel size : 16x8"

+18mm offset (4-3/4" backspacing)(3-1/4" frontspacing)

-------------------

Wheel size : 16x9"

+00mm offset (4-1/2" backspacing)(4-1/2" frontspacing)

saleen style 18x9 front and 18x10 rear

or

cobra R 17x9 front and 17x10.5 back.

So either the Saleen's or the Cobra R's will fit?  I'm soooo sick & tired of seeing Cobra R's man.  Working at a Ford shop I see em like every friggin day!!  LOL  Oh well, can always lighten them and use em as race wheels since they're wider.  LOL

Laters,

Brian

you wont get them to tell you it will fit. they wont know and they wouldnt even want to mess with it either.  I have a friend how has a saleen but not sure what size his wheels are. I will try to put those on my car in a couple of weeks to see how they fit.

duel offset means different offsets in the back and front.

• 2 weeks later...

wait, what about Corvette wheels. There was a 88quest for sale in Dallas that had a full set of 85 Corvette wheels(which look like a$$)

Maybe the 97 vette wheels would fit as they have the staggered offset as well

chevy has different bolt pattern than ford. it will not fit directly. technically any wheel can be made to fit using the spacers that can come in any bolt pattern. the closest fit is the ZR1 rear 11" wheel. the rest have very different offsets.

as for some setback. my buddy just totalled his saleen and the insurance came and took it from his garage.

Sorry, sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread.

Conquest351: I'm pretty sure it was you who was building a GRM $2004 challenge car, I checked the entry list and didn't see a conquest/starion on it, what happened? are you guys still doing it or what? I entered and am going to be running something that's 4G63 powered, was hoping to see an entrant or two with starquests.

Dude, I have no idea if we are still doing that thing or not.  LOL  Ryan took the car outta here and said something about us still doing it but I have no idea.  I am really concentrating on getting everything together for my Quest when it gets back.  I wanna finish it really quick.  So I think it's on hold right now.  I do remember we lost a ton of weight from that thing.  He he he, man that was fun.

Laters,

Brian

Ok guys, I have my wifes Cobra rims on the car now. 17x9 all around, 255 40 17 tires, .25 spacer for the rear. The rear has maybe .25 clearance from the tire to the strut housing. As soon as I get my last strut in I will roll it out the garage and get some pics. It looks as if the rear may be a little to tucked up under the fender still. The rears will also need longer studs.

I've seen the aero covers and it didn't have em'

They were 84-85 vette wheels. Again, looked like a$$ the rear wasnt the correct backspacing as it didn't fill the wheel well

I bet bimmer 5 series wheels fit though Brian!!!

• 1 month later...
As soon as I get my last strut in I will roll it out the garage and get some pics. It looks as if the rear may be a little to tucked up under the fender still. The rears will also need longer studs.

ANy updates on this? I would love to see some pictures!

Shawn

they are 17x9. I am not sure of the offset. I believe they are +24mm offset. I plan on eventually going with the 03-04  cobra rim. I got a boogered strut thread that I need to run a die down it. As soon as I get the strut repaired and installed I should have the car down. Also the rears rims will need longer studs.

• 2 weeks later...