What do ya think?

KO

I've only done it to one rim, I'm going to see what it looks like on the car and if I like it I'll do the others. I sanded down the grey, painted, and then used 3 coats of clearcoat.

http://koquest.homestead.com/files/rim3.JPG

One rim done and on the car, let me know if it looks stupid, if so I won't waste my time on the other 3, I'm truly undecided on it, I like it and think it would look better if the others matched of course, but just not sure yet, it's definitely a change. It's not the exact color of the body, then again I wasn't aiming to match the body color perfectly.

http://koquest.homestead.com/files/rim2.JPG

I think they look nice, I'm going to do the same thing to mine pretty soon except I'm painting the grooves black.  I think some polished center caps would look nice, or if you took out the center cap and polished the little ring around them.

well here is my opinion, i dont like it, I did paint one of my spare rims but not body color I painted it a more silver color here is the pic

Stock wheel

Painted wheel

thats what I did and am contemplating on doing it to my wheels

I had the same thing done to my 8's and 9's, though I had then professionally straghtened, the lips pollished, the grey part powdered coated  Fiji blue (code T87), the face machined, and the whole thing clear coated.  I would have gone your way but they all needed to be staightened and trued.  I will try to get you a pic.

If you come to the gathering down here in Houston, you can check them out.

Wayne

2ndtimearound88

No offense, KO, but I would hold off on painting all 4 rims that color.   It think black looks good, and polishing the entire rim looks good.   Maybe a darker blue would look better, since the color you have now kind of takes away from that beautiful T87 paint job.  ;)

Ken B.

I like the look of the blue paint idea. But that blue just dosen't look right. If it was body color then I would say go for it! Thats just my two sent's worth. Adam :-)

Yup, that blue kinda clashes IMHO. If it was the same blue as the body then it might change my opinion entirely.

CJ

1)  Change to exact body color

2)  Change to exact interior color

3)  Change to contrasting color -- like dark grey, silver, or black.

I would like to see someone try something like this...

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=1976...lly_sport-1.jpg

Damn, I always was the one kid in class who saw a different number in the assorted colored dots when taking the color blind test, it seems to always bite me in the tail, lol :D

Maybe look better if it was an exact match. KO ive always wanted to paint the whole star black and have starquestrims polish the lip. I wish I could photoshop that on my car so I could decide if I want to do it.

I'm working on making the blue part black right now, actually Banky it crossed my mind to shoot the whole center black, it was all black earlier until I stripped the paint from the spoke areas and just left the channels black, it didn't look bad with the whole thing that way, I should have stuck it on the car and took a pic.

personnally..................that is damn nice.  ;D ;D ;D I love it! my rims are just like that also except my car is red along with the rims. sum1 in my town has a beat up yellow quest with the yellow painted inner star and i like it also

Alright cool, thanks for the feedback guys, always good for another set of eyes to take a look, the black is growing on me the more and more I look at it on the car.

• 3 weeks later...

ya, for real, KO, the black looks a lot better than the blue,better than the original grey too.....i like the black

hey try painting the car hot pink with poky dots all over it ha ha  ;D just joking man you know i love that car and the engine compartment blue