installation kit

Where do I find the stupid kit to install a aftermarket radio? I cheaked all the parts stores and even tried bestbuy, but they dont even know what a starion is, much less what kit for it ::)! Thanks in advance for all the help!

Wiring kits for Starion are still available from Scooche and Metawire.  The part number for 1987 thru 89 model year should be the same as 1st gen DSM.   Wiring kit is different for 1983 thru 86 model year.  

I am not aware of any hardware kit for Starion.  However, a kit for 1st gen DSM will work.

To answer your question, Yes - if your Conquest/Starion is 1987 or newer, purchase an installation kit for a 1st gen DSM.

BTW - you can keep your factory SWC, if you purchase an aftermarket headunit with i/r remote.

• 1 month later...
I've tryrd erveybody and nothing. The wiring kit works dead on! But the installation kit is a deffrent story. It's just shoved in there and put a cuple screws to hold it. I'm just wored about banging the next gear and to have the radio pop out ::). I was thinking of buying the radio and have bestbuy install it for free. But my friend is a maneger at pepboys and they were clearing out the display wall, so I got a new cd player 2 5 1/4's and 2 6 1/2's ( all sony xplod) for 50 bux! ;D

ok guys the install kit is mi1540b is the part # for the hardware kit 14.95$ and the wiring plug is mc01 12.95$ through scoscheand the phone #is 1-800-621-3695 talk to sales dept. +8.00$ shipping and handling  

ground zero performance

• 4 weeks later...

i tried to take my car to circuit city, but they said they had to rewire my whole car...

the harness works from a 1g eclipse, but there is a 3rd plug which is black that doesnt go anywhere, so they wanted to charge me 300-400 bux

HELP

• 2 years later...

Re-wire the whole car...............uhhhhhhhhhh............stay away from those guys.Sounds like they just didn't want the business or they are complete idiots.Having worked in a couple shops back in the day and on my own;it really bugs me to hear that kinda crap from people.

When I got my car it had a din GM radio in the hole that wasn't even hooked up.All the wires were cut.Plugs long gone.Not a big deal.Spent 30 minutes testing a bundle of wires and pieced together a mounting kit.Worked just fine.Back then had no idea of using a 1gen eclipse kit(11 years ago)

Gonna use the eclipse kit this time around I suppose for the head unit.Gonna mount a CD changer in the glove box.Gonna build box in back seat area and have use of my hatch area for my airplanes(small electric r/c)

American International

84-86 Dash Kit DMK-612

Wiring Harness IWH-990

87-89 Dash Kit DMK-612

Wiring Harness DWH-610

84-89 Factory radio brackets with UPK-750 pocket

Metra

84-86 Dash Kit 99-7000

Wiring Harness 70-1692

Power Antenna Working on it

Speaker Plugs 72-9301

87-89 Dash Kit 99-7000

Wiring Harness 70-1743

Power Antenna Working on it

Speaker Plugs 72-9301

84-89 Factory radio brackets and 88-00-9000 pocket

Harada Antennas

Mitsubishi Starion 84-85 MX(B)22,MQ(B)2 Power Antenna

Scosche

Starion 83-89 Dash Kit MI1540 or MI1540B

Power Antenna PA802 or PA802B, Chrome/Black

Universal Antenna UT703 or UT713, Fixed Mast/Telescoping

Factrory Replacement Antenna GM202, Fixed Mast

Wiring Harness MI01

All info is to the best of my knowlage and should be treated as such.

E-Mann

I can't speak for the SQ ap's, but I tried some off brand kit for my Ranger some years ago and things fit horribly. I was reffered to a Metra kit after that. Bought it, installed it, looks great and worked like a charm.

• 3 months later...
Just so that I'm sure I understand, the stereo mount (that is, the item that actually holds the stereo console in place) for a first generation eclipse can be used for the StarQuest? If not, is there a mount made for another vehicle that can be used? I'm having a hard time finding one for either the Starion or Conquest.

theres a few other options at hand as well, like a universal import pocket to take up the space where the bottom half of the deck was, or a small 2.5x7 sheet of ABS plastic and some duramix 40/40 to plastic weld it on there

There are wiring harnesses made for these cars. when I got mine I went in and asked for a wiring harness for an '88 chrysler conquest and they had it. It doesn't have the connector for the steering wheel controls but most aftermarket radios wont work with those controls anyway.

Superfro: the black plug that doesn't go anywhere is the one for the steering wheel controls .. you don't need it. just get the 1g kit that worked and hook up the stereo yourself, it is very easy and the package for the wiring harness will tell you what wire colors to hook to what.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/silverquest/wires2.jpg

Receiver Wire Harness

For select Chrysler, Dodge, Eagle, Mitsubishi, and Plymouth models, 1987-up

Item #120701743

In Stock

$9.99

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7fziUggOX9l/c...amp;I=120701743

Pics Installed, direct plug in direct fit.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/silverquest/wires.jpg