I want to have a good sound

Dragon87

Sure that is possible.  Why 6x9s though?   I have yet to hear a set of 6x9s sound better than a 6.5" woofer.   Speakers are meant to be round not oval in my mind.

What brands are you looking into?   I have MBQuart 5.25" components in the front, Pioneer 6.5" in the back, a PPI A404 50Wx4 Amp, and a single JE 10" sub.   The amp runs the Quarts on the front two channels and the back two are bridged to the sub.  The rears are running off of the head unit.   Sounds great to me but my Quarts are pretty much shot so the gains are turned down in the front.

kev

Well, sound is in the ear of the beholder... so to speak. ;P

But pretty much any upgrade over stock is gonna' either be nice or awsome.

I'm with Kev on this one though.

To put 6 1/2" and 6x9's in would require modification to both stock mounting locations.

And there are plenty of aftermarket speakers that will mount in those locations without major mods and will also sound mucho better than the stock speakers.

Though, to be honest, for stock, the speakers that came in our cars are pretty good.

I'm planning on using Infinity Kappa's in my Starion when I upgrade the stereo speakers, but thier not cheap either. :(

I've got a pair of Kappas in the front stock location and they sound awesome.(5.25")

I wuold have to agree with kev, 6x9 speakers are less of a speaker than even a same brand 6.5".  

I think that I would go at least 200w if you want to use a sub. unless you are planning in running at least one set of speakers from the head unit.  I am not a power freak when it comes to stereos, but I do think it takes at least 75-100w to get a good clean sound form a 10" sub.

What head unit are you going to use?

100 watts running two subs...sounds kind of lo-fi....I would recommend putting some nice 4" 2 way speakers in the front, two 5.25" speakers in the hatch, and a nice 1000 watt subwoofer...a nice head unit and you'd be set!