Security system

Quest340

According to the factory service manual these cars  are equiped with factory security systems. How do I get this to work on my car? Do I have to buy some kind of arming device. The electrical box under the drivers seat has these functions(and a whole lot more)Please any info would be great.e-mail me at crljsn@aol.com

all there is to arming the alarm is to when one door is open and everything else is closed including the hatch and hood then lock the door from the inside, then close the door with the outside handle up so it won't make the lock open after that you will see security light pop on in the gauge panel.  To disarm it you have to unlock it with the key at the doors or the hatch.  Hopes this helps.

Jon

Did all Conquest TSI's have them or was it an option?How do I know if it is on my car or not?

Easiest way to check. Open your driver's door, with all other door's and hatches shut. Now, with the door open, lock it from the inside. Look at the dash, a light that says Security should be illuminated on the Speed. If this light is illuminated, lift your outter door handle and shut the door. The light will go off after about 30 seconds. At this time the alarm will be armed.

There's a chance that you have an alarm, and it no longer work due to faulty triggers, check for a hood pin switch, and also check for a horn mounted near the air box inside the engine compartment.

• 4 years later...
haha. Wish i could have seen that

it was funny as heck man it went off for about 10 minutes when finally i said screw it and took out all the fuses. It was so loud too cause our horns are kinda annoying i think, especially in a large building that echos alot. On tip of that, my hood release plastic piece is gone and they had to call me back to open the hood. I asked if they needed me to change the oil as well. :lol: