Fuel Pump

MPI will "run" on the stock pump... What are your power goals?

For a street car a 255lph with pressures up to 80psi would do the trick (and will do the trick all the way into the 12s).

Joel

my pump is 125psi, not sure of GPH but I think it's sold as a bosch 350hp fuel pump.  So far it's been all I need and more, providing enough fuel through 720cc injectors, and stock fuel lines to get pig rich at 6500rpm and 18lbs of boost.  No fuel pressure drop of any sort.

Walbro 225lph high pressure extrernal. From fairly wild to mild.

Best pump out there next to a full race blown pump that's  the size of your microwave and sounds like a sump pump..

I have a 125psi pump like Chip. It was bought from CNM and James told me it's good for 300hp. That's all the info I have about the 125psi pump I had.

Alamo Motorsports also sold this 125psi pump, unfortunately they discontinued it.

I have mixed feelings about that 125psi pump.  :-/

I plan on haveing around 300hp when I'm done.  And it's going to be a street monster, and race every so often.

I was looking at the MSD pump, it's rated at 43gph @ 40psi 162lph.

Will that be enought fuel?

I have V8-Slayers (Frank)'s intake, it has 550 injectors.  I'm going to run a 16G, 18G, or a 20G on it.

Thanks for the advise fellas.

Go Aeromotive.  The fact is, the more you have, the more you want.

I went this route, but yes, you must redo all your fuel system in order to support the increased line size and flow.

http://216.242.145.16/products/product.phtml?p=3

http://216.242.145.16/products/product.phtml?p=11

They are not a bolt-in, but they will support my 550+ rwh goals...Can't wait to run the -10an lines from the modded tank to the rail.  lol, yeah, thats 5/8" peoples!!

Take care

Shawn

• 1 month later...
FYI- You can't use an internal fuel pump in an external location.  An internal pump has a sleeve that soak's up some of the gas to help the pump stay cool.  If the pump is mounted exterally, it will overheat and burn up.

GSL = External

GSS = In Tank

GSL 393 is the 255 pump for external. StarQuest pump is mounted external on top of the tank.

See the charts for internal tank style for flow rates. Notice the flow rate at 13.5 vs. 12 Volts, so you want to make shure you use a relay to suply voltage.

Got my GSL 393 on the way with the $10.00 fitting kit.

Later,

Steve Gee

GSL = External

GSS = In Tank

GSL 393 is the 255 pump for external. StarQuest pump is mounted external on top of the tank.

See the charts for internal tank style for flow rates. Notice the flow rate at 13.5 vs. 12 Volts, so you want to make shure you use a relay to suply voltage.

Got my GSL 393 on the way with the $10.00 fitting kit.

Later,

Steve Gee

The GSL 393 is a stock rated replacement pump. It isn't the 255lph pump.

The GSL392 is the 255LPH high pressure external pump.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
ok maybe i,m slow but let me ask a few questions?  A while back someone advised me to buy the GSL 392 pump.  I was under the immpression that this was an add on pump used with the stock pump.  Or is is it a replacment for what is on the car now?  someone was saying something about the pump being internal?  the one i can see on top of the tank looks pretty external or is there another in the tank?