Magna Manifolds, $110 US

Hi,  :)

Just seeing if anyone is interested in some cheap-ish EFI Magna Inlet Manifolds for MPI conversions...

I have come across a place that has currently 8 EFI Magna Inlet manifolds, and they get on average 1 per month -- If I buy multiple manifolds at a time, I can get them for a really good price, cheaper if I take them off myself.

For $110 US  ( + Shipping on top of that of course ), I will source and remove the manifold, give it a high pressure clean, package and send it off to you.

Can also supply the throttlebody for a little more if needed.

The wrecker in that other thread may still have some for $75 US , but as I am online everyday, I am easy to contact (email / icq ) and I can guarantee your manifold will be shipped within 2 days. Paypal payments would be preferred and it would be this flat $110 in US dollars, not varying AUS Prices. Shipping costs will be very close if not identical to the amount in the other thread.. if anyone is interested, reply here or email me at: twilbr@hotmail.com.

Hi again,

I am buying 3 manifolds tomorrow, will have pictures by around 6am New York time (Wednesday).

I am also getting postage prices tomorrow -- I'll also get a quote for postage of 2 manifolds just in case any of you live in the same city, you can get it a fair bit cheaper. I will be suprised if the total cost of 1 Manifold+Postage is over $200 US.

Oh yeah, I am after a Megasquirt ECU fully assembled, and would swap a manifold for one if anyone has one they want to get rid of. :)

Forgot to post my ICQ number before  ;D

Twilbr@hotmail.com

Hi again,

Got some pics of the manifold and the row of magna's that still have them  ;D

I have bought a few of them, and will buy the rest on Payday -- Orders are ready to be taken.

Postage is roughly $80 insured -- takes 3-10 working days via airmail to deliver. Due to the Aus-US $ exchange rate variable, I am offering the Manifold (high-pressure cleaned) and postage for $200 US. I prefer payment via PayPal but email me if you want to work out some other payment type.

The only catch is when you receive your manifold, please reply here so others can feel more at ease that I am legit!

Thanks,

-Trent

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/298474/1.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/298474/magna.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/298474/2.jpg

Ok, prices are:

1 Manifold + Insured Postage to USA = $200 US

1 Manifold + Fuel Rail + FPR + Insured Postage to USA = $230 US

2 Manifolds + Insured Postage to USA = $375 US

2 Manifolds + 2 Fuel Rails + 2 FPR + Insured Postage to USA = $435 US

As I said earlier, they will be sent via Airmail which takes 3-10 working days to deliver.

They are from the late 80's and early 90's model magna - Better to ask here with regards to the mods required.. I know they bolt straight onto the head, but require other mods such as throttlebody relocation.

Apologies to those who sent Paypal payment with a credit card -- I had a personal account and didn't realize they have changed their setup and that I had to upgrade to a Business account.

EDIT: I have upgraded it to a business acount now so CC's will work.

>>I would be interested, but you are very new to this board.  I will wait and see how your business transactions go. >>

No problem, I can understand that. The first few manifolds will arrive to the customers around the 10-15th December so by then you should see some members reply saying they have received theirs.  :D

Are you sure these manifolds bolt directly to the us heads. Supposeably all that has to be modified is the throttlebody area, I don't get that, doesn't a thermostat housing have to be welded in also and a block off plate made for the rear part of the intake manifold...... I'm still kinda new to the Magna intakes, but will be looking into buying one in the next few months for my MPI install.....

Yep, you are right, the thermostat housing area has to be changed too, forgot about that -- as I said, anyone looking into doing a Magna MPI conversion should read the threads here or ask the experts before buying one.

There are a couple of threads with the specifics in this MPI section of the forums..

Modifications required to make a magna fit a US spec G54B:

-relocate TB to opposite side of plenum, weld in old TB entry (moderate welding).

-fabricate new throttle linkage bracket (slight welding)

-relocate T-stat housing (moderate welding), add water temp boss for new ECU (slight welding), add water port for heater core hose (slight welding) and cap/cover old T-stat housing (slight welding)

-Drill/tap new ports for PCV/boost level/brake booster

I've done this service on 3 magnas, they take me about 3 1/2 hours ea. plus about $25 in material.  I typicaly charge $150, but this may be less than you would expect from local shops, depends on how busy they are and how skilled they are at fabrication.  You will also have to know how/where these mods need to take place or you will be wasting a lot of their time.